Friday, January 1, 2010

Throughout the year!





This year has had it's ups and downs like any year.....but the blessings sure continued to flow! We are so blessed to have three healthy and active kids!
Grace loved playing soccer for the first time this year and we sure enjoyed her spunk and drive in the game.....she ran the wrong way the first game and that made for great laughs! She's a spunky little chick, with a passion for all she does!




Jordan took drivers training, yikes! It makes me panic sometimes that he will be 16 in 6 "short" months! It's impossible to imagine he might be off to college and away from home in just a few years....but I'll savor the time for now! He has a very caring and giving spirit, he loves to help people! he's also very witty and has a great sense of humor! We are so proud of him and he has a passion for the Lord that we are excited to see grow!
It was a treat to have my 89 year old Grandma home in Michigan this Christmas! She turned 89 in mid December and it was so much fun to share her Birthday with her! She's a classy gal and has remained that way all her life! My kids just adore her, she taught Macy how to knit this year and she is known for her "cup of tea" every morning! My uncle goes to her place every morning and walks her to breakfast at the facility she lives in and they carry her pot of tea she likes over to the breakfast room! She loves the Lord and has been a true example of being Faithful to the Lord with her life and her prayers! I know my mom has enjoyed having her here this Winter!
Macy started Jr. High this year, it was a quite a jump from "childhood" so to speak. She's matured so much this year and grown in her spiritual life too! She has such a quiet and sweet spirit, I envy that in her! She reads and reads and reads.....I'm so glad she loves to read! I enjoy curling up with her on the couch and sitting quietly reading with her! She started playing the Clarinet and is getting to sound less and less like Squid word from Sponge Bob she said! haha She's has a heart for prayer and will pray for any prayer need she hears about!





Mike and I still plug away at this "parenting" thing....it sure has it's challenges and we've sat many times together stumped and saying "how do we handle this?" Mike has such a giving spirit and loves to help others. I can see where my kids get a mix of their character traits from us both....We have been truly blessed this year and pray 2010 will be another great year of giving and praying and learning! Wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

4 comments:

  1. spunky lil chick with a passion for life, caring young man with a passion for the Lord, quiet sweet spirit filled young prayer warrior! giving and helpful husband! Classy grandma! What more could a Sista want!?! I love your family! This post was a blessing to read! Happy New Year, Jeni! To you and your beautiful family!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and blessed family you have! I pray that 2010 will be your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes by so quickly, doesn't it? I have 2 that are away at college, and it just seems like yesterday they were babies. Have a Blessed New Year!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marcia, I know that time just slips away! ugg but I'm enjoying every minute!

    ReplyDelete