Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Day Book

Women's Daybook
January 13,2010
Outside my window...Snow all around and little finches on my bird feeder that are so adorable! Yesterday I saw a squirrel hanging upside down eating right next to the birds!
I am thinking...about the errands I need to run today. Library DVD's are due, Turkey breast is on sale, we're almost out of T.P! haha
I am thankful for... the power of prayer! I'm in a bible study right now on Tuesdays and we're studying prayer and our Pastor is also doing a 4 week series on prayer! There's a great verse I read yesterday that said to approach His throne with CONFIDENCE....when you think about approaching perhaps the President or a movie star you might not feel to confident so it's humbling to me that God tells me to come with Confidence because He's expecting me!
From the learning rooms...Snow books, Winter themes...my Favorite Winter book is Snowflake Bentley, based on a true character. It's about a man who studied snowflakes under a microscope and then went on to take photos of them. He started doing this as a child in the late 1800's and the book gives you little side notes about his life. We love it so much that I finally bought it this week. It's a Caldacott winner as well!
From the Kitchen...Making Oatmeal Raisin cookies later today for a friend who is in the midst of Chemo...tomorrow is her day and I'm bringing dinner and I made her tell me what really sounded good and she wants a really good salad (I'm going to make a great salad with all the trimmings, chicken, dried cranberries, walnuts, Feta....) and she was hungry for Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I'm going to give her some frozen dough balls too so she can pop a few in the oven when she feels like it! Cancer is so awful but this gal has a GREAT BIG faith and her positive attitude (even about losing her hair and getting a good looking wig)...when I visit with her I come away encouraged and I think "I went to encourage her and she encouraged me!"
I am wearing...Track pants and a sweaty t shirt since I just worked out! ha
I am creating...A twig tree that I can hang snowflakes on for Winter and I'm already looking for Hearts to hang on it for Valentine's and February! fun stuff! love decorating!
I am going...To take returns to the library, to Target and the grocery store! Making a new recipe tomorrow for Turkey Breast, they're on sale! will post it if it's yummy!
I am reading...Debbie Macomber books again! ha and Fresh Wind Fresh Fire by Jim Cymballa
I am hoping...to sit by a fire this afternoon and have some time to read!
I am hearing...Charlie Brown Christmas CD and the clicking of a finished dishwasher!! (I love that sound because it's not MY job to empty it's some kid's turn today! haha)
Around the house...I went around and got things a bit more Tidy this morning so it's not too bad.....Mike's working at home today so it's nice to chat with him a bit and each lunch together!
One of my favorite things...Winter....I have MANY friends who do not like it for some reason but I love it....One of the main reasons is no kids are in sports, the kids are inside more, home more and let's face it.....Winter foods just taste better! haha A great day for me is laying around with a book or magazine listening to relaxing music, drinking tea and watching big Charlie Brown snowflakes falling!! Last Sat. that all happened and it was a great day!!!
A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm going to go to the mall tomorrow and use some coupons I have for Gymboree, hoping to get Grace something for her upcoming Birthday in Feb. and I could REALLY use (or I would like might be a better word! haha) a few new sweaters! I tend to wear out sweaters that I love so much.....and Sweatshirts! don't get me started...I have a love relationship with Hoodies! haha Date night Friday night in, we're going to watch a movie and eat of course! ha Sat. a FUN day, meeting my girlfriends at Barnes and Noble (we call ourselves the Sistas ha we've been bosom friends as Anne of Green Gables would say, FOR YEARS!) to celebrate Leanne's B Day and we've threatened to close the place down and we're meeting in the afternoon haha Sat. night is Family Night and we're making Fajitas! and we're trying my new Target Monopoly ! You do know how much I ADORE Target don't you? I did tell you I got it didn't I?? Oh my maybe not!! I have a photo of it too! I might have to add two photos on today!! ha
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...this was a snowstorm we had last year and we're all hoping for another one just like it but it doesn't look like it will be this week so I'll just enjoy what we have for now! Be sure to do your own Daybook, click on the title to go to the Simple Woman's daybook! Have a wonderful snowy day!!

2 comments:

  1. Jeni,
    I am so blessed to know you and call you friend. You are a true Sista! I loved your daybook today! So many interesting things!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is so pretty. I clicked on it to make it very large, and the snow looks wonderful. It's the kind of photo I'd like for my wallpaper! Our pastor just started a 5 week series on prayer too. You can actually listen to ours online if you ever get a chance. It's highdesertchurch.com. Your friend wil be truly blessed by your meal, and thanks for letting us know about Leanne's birthday. Tell her Marcia said Happy Birthday when you see her tomorrow :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete