Friday, January 8, 2010

SNOW!











Finally we got some snow.....lots of it actually! Grace and I went to the library this week and got a BIG ole load of books about Winter. I googled Winter books and made a long list! This weekend we're going to enjoy reading some Winter books, making some Winter crafts and having Hot Chocolate of course!





Here are three little snowmen the kids made in 2nd. grade. I saved them all from each child. They are made out of an adult sock and one has a baby sock as the hat. The bottom is a jar or can lid you place in the bottom of the sock, then stuff it with batting and then you decorate from there. Their 2nd. grade teacher had them make these each year for a gift to their parents and I love having them out all year! The other photo is a Snowman I bought at the kid's craft fair. It's just a round block of wood painted white and then the possibilities are endless as far as decorating it! This is what I'm thinking about doing this weekend....Going to get some interesting pieces of wood tonight at Hobby Lobby I think and we can all work on a new snow family to add to our Winter decorations!














There's a picture of our snow accumulation so far......the kids (or I should say the girls ha) love to play outside and go sledding....once Jordan gets out there he will play and he enjoys sledding but he isn't so excited to initiate outdoor play in Winter as much as he used to! haha Hope you're all having a great Winter so far.....and if you don't like snow, enjoy it anyhow...it is pretty! haha

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a fun winter weekend planned! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, this is my favorite winter song! :) I love love love it! This is the song where my mom suggested that she and my dad get hitched. :)

    ReplyDelete