Thursday, January 21, 2010

Broccolli Cheese Soup!

I made this recipe for Broccoli Cheese soup this week and sort of adapted it from a recipe my sister in law gave me. It was delicious! It was definitely a keeper and I would make it over and over again! It tasted better and better each day! I usually make a pot of soup on Monday's to eat for my lunches during the week! I made this in my crock pot which I love too, pour it in and go!










4 C. milk
2 C. chicken broth
1-16oz jar of Bacon/Cheddar cheese dip (the bacon flavor made the soup!) This is Archer Farms from Target but you could use Bar cheese brand in the cheese section of the grocery store.
1 bag frozen Broccoli
1 C. frozen carrot slices (or fresh)
1 C. frozen corn
1 Can sliced potatoes
1 Can cream of mushroom soup
Salt/Pepper

Pour all ingredients into crock pot, simmer on High for 3 1/2 hrs. or low for the day if necessary!
I love eating my soups with buttered toast so that's what is pictured! Enjoy!










Mike talked me into this "Betty Crocker" pose last week one day when I was making cookie dough.....Leanne got me this Apron for my Birthday last year and it sure comes in handy! So here I am....doing what I do best.....being SILLY! HA you thought I was going to say cooking didn't you? haha I love cooking but I wouldn't say I'm the best at it! ha




2 comments:

  1. You are too stinkin' cute! I love the apron and the recipe sounds great and easy. You rock, Jeni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! YOU MAKE ME SMILE! You are great at being SILLY! But you are also a great cook too! & I think you play the best songs! & I love the new blog design! : )
    I hope you have an especially SILLY day!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete