Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Friends, B Days and Cakes!

I have a couple of great friends who have Birthdays this week, Sunday was my friend Leanne's Birthday and today is my great friend Beth's Birthday! Leanne is my "keepin it real" buddy. She helps me see things in the right perspective when I'm "venting" in the wrong perspective haha She is the greatest homeschoolin mama of 6 (She's a hot homeschoolin mama! ha) she is a wonderful Godly woman and wife to Dan! I can call her anytime of day and tell her the dumbest thing and she'll laugh with me...or at me! ha She is a treasure to me and sustaining to my sanity and daily life! She's an inspiration to me to strive to be Godly woman! I love you Leanne!! Hope this year holds MANY blessings for you!!!

Beth is my friend that shares a love for little cute things in life! She's the one who got me the adorable shadow box I posted about a few weeks ago! We share a love for old movies, old music, Lucy and Ricky of course, primitive decorations, and little boys with short cute swept over hair cuts! She loves the Lord, she loves her husband Dan and her two adorable little boys that could easily pass for Little Ricky....actually she could pass for Lucy too....but that's a different story for a different day! haha I love it when her husband Dan calls and asks me to make her Birthday cake and this year he called again! Well I just happened to find these adorable little Vintage Valentine's cupcake picks and I knew she loves Vintage Valentines so I swooped them up! I found this cute little place card holder shaped like a Bow so it would hold the picks! So cute......












Dan brought Beth with him to pick up the cake yesterday which worked out great because I had a gift all wrapped for her so I got to see her squeal over the cake and the gift!! (I bought the same thing for myself but you'll have to wait until Feb. to see it come out!) She's a good squealer over gifts....Dan must love getting her Christmas gifts!! you feel the love let me tell ya! ha So I thought I'd show her cake and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR FRIEND BETHY! You're a treasured sugar glittered friend and I hope the Lord blesses you richly!!!













This photo is from a Christmas party a year ago and Beth, Leanne and I are the back three gals....Beth is in a White Turtleneck and vest, left of her is Leanne in long blonde hair and me in a black sweater and jeans! You can click on the photo if you really want to see up close and personal like! lol





3 comments:

  1. OK, you got me crying here, my dear Jeni! I love love you! Do I laugh at you? haha! I better not complain EVER! How can a girl be blessed with such an awesome friend!(s)!
    Beautiful cake! Happy Birthday to the sugar glittered Beth! : ) Yay!!!!For Girlfriends!!!
    Thanks for always keepin in real for me too, Jeni! How many times have I cried on that shoulder of yours?! You are a gift! A precious gift!
    Love you!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am so with ya, Leanne! Jeni is THE best!! She IS what she is always giving away, a PRESENT! And she's fun to "unwrap" and see what's really inside. Kindness, a big heart, caring, giving, a great listener, and just a ton of fun, filled with lots of laughter. Thank you for making my birthday a very very special day! Love you so much!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage valentines, what a great idea to decorate a cake with them. You're a sweet friend. That cake looks delicious. I thought it was interesting that they both have husband's named Dan :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete