Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chicken Pot OH MY Pie!

I got a great recipe for Chicken Pot Pie from my friend Marge, so after some tweeking of my own(she makes her own gravy with flour/butter and chicken broth but I cheated, but I think her homemade way would be YUM TOO!) we had these last night and they were very easy to make and scrumptious if I do say so myself! ha It was a 5 out of 5 meal at our house! Meaning all 5 of us liked it! I made two so this is a recipe for two but you could certainly make it for one and half the recipe or freeze the 2nd. one! enjoy!












2 Large Chicken breasts on the bone (I did 3 so I had one for Chicken soup later) but you could certainly use canned (which my friends uses, or Chicken breasts boneless)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 bag Frozen carrots
1 C. Frozen corn
1 bag frozen peas
2 Cans sliced white potatoes
1 soup can water
Salt/Pepper
Parsley flakes
4 Pillsbury ready crusts pie crusts

Roast chicken breasts in 3 C. chicken broth(I use water and boullion cubes) with about 2 Tb. Parsley flakes added for 45 mins. - 1 hr. at 375*
Let cool for a few mins. and cut chicken off the bones and chop











In the microwave, place carrots and about 2 T. water and cook on high for about 5 mins. to soften. In a large pan, place two cans of Cream of chicken soup, one can of water and all the veggies(including cooked carrots), and the chicken. Sprinkle in salt/pepper to taste and I ladled in a few scoops of the broth the chicken roasted in. Let this mixture simmer while you get the crusts ready, just about 5 mins. or so.
Place crust into the bottom of two glass pie plates and fill evenly with filling.











Place top crusts on and pinch bottom and top crust together into a fluted edge. Pierce the top a few times to let out the steam.
Bake at 425* about 35 mins. until the top and bottom are nicely browned. Spread a ts. of butter over the top after it comes out of the oven! Let cool about 10 mins. before cutting.....DELISH!! we had plenty leftover for today's lunch too! mmm mmm good stuff especially for winter!










1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE Chicken Pot Pie! My mom makes it SO yummy! Jeanne can make it too! I might just put that on the menu! 5 for 5 - love it! We wouldn't get 8 for 8 though! That LUE!

    ReplyDelete