Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Daybook

My Daybook.....(click here to enjoy the fun!)





For today: February 2, 2010
Outside my window....tiny snow falling (hoping for more and bigger flakes) and gray skies.
I am thinking.....about how I always wanted to be a mom and stay home and do "homey" stuff and I am privileged to do so and that makes me feel very blessed!
I am thankful for.....the freedom to pray, to go to a church without being persecuted, to be able to drive to the store to buy food, to have the money to buy things......
From the learning rooms: Reading aloud to the kids at night, The Cabin Faced West suggested by Leanne (even Jordan has hung out to listen!)




From the kitchen..... Cabbage roll casserole and Broccoli with Mushrooms (Macy will hate this! haha)
I am wearing...Jeans, t-neck and Jordan's ADIDAS hoodie because it's so warm
I am creating....nothing at the moment but I did make the twig tree you see in the photo down below..I sprayed branches you can buy at Hobby Lobby (or get outside ha) white and glittered them a bit, filled a jar partially full with plaster and placed the branches in ....sprinkled the wet plaster with glitter as well.....let it set up over night and I used lights called Craft Rice Lights, they are SO adorable and the lights are the size of rice, and in Winter I had snowflake ornaments hanging off and now I have hearts! I love this kind of primitive decorating!
I am going......to read a bit and then pick up Grace and Jordan and then SHRED! blah ( it's my workout I do 3x a week, I do the treadmill 3 other days)
I am reading....Love Comes Softly, a really old book that is actually a series...I love reading about the main character Marty, she is such a Proverbs 31 woman totally and it inspires me! I love the movies too but they are NOTHING compared to what the books are!
I am hoping.......IT SNOWS BUCKETS!! (aren't you shocked I said that?)
I am hearing.......Ok I see your eyes rolling.....Charlie Brown Christmas CD (hey it's the ONLY Christmas music I have left out in this house! ha)




Around the house......it's actually very tidy at the moment, laundry is almost caught up (for today anyhow) and it's pretty Candley and quiet! (for about 45 more minutes though!) ha
One of my favorite things.....This is always so hard because I have so many but I guess since I just had a friend mention it.....Old music....talking 1940's style....My mom always says I am an old soul! I like that!
A few plans for the rest of the week.......Thursdays I clean a friends house for 3 hrs. in the morning(I really enjoy that and I plug in my IPOD or listen to Christian radio sermons and it's actually relaxing sort of! ha) and I do alot of praying for people when I clean! Grocery shopping Friday, and a date night too hopefully! Sat. I'm going to a ladies Valentine prayer tea which will be fun! and of course it's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!! I'm on kitchen duty for snacks! ha
And.......I shared several pictures this time......just of a few spots in the kitchen I decorate for Valentine's Day......I put away all my winter and snowman decorations yesterday and I did pick up a few new things for this season on BIG TIME clearance...for instance the scene with the Geraniums ... white bird statue $1.20(I just thought it was so cool!) the fabric heart $1.50 and the Geraniums $2.49 and the cutest .....LOVE letters sign was about $3......love it......the candle goblets on the kitchen table were $5 each and I got heart shaped tea light holders for .75 at Hobby Lobby to go inside!! and candy hearts go a long way.......And last but not least!!! Remember the shadow box my friend Beth got me........Well I got her the same ceramic Cupcake and mini cake plate and I had to get myself one.....haha So I have several pictures just for fun!! HAPPY VALENTINES SEASON MY FRIENDS.........Hope you are loved, and also love too!!







3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are very chipper today! Love it! I was thinking the same thing that I am so blessed to be home with my children! You always inspire me, Jeni. Thanks!
    Love you!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come up with the cutest ideas and I just love how you transform your house with decorations for the season. I need you to come and decorate my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that twig tree. I've seen several of them, but I've yet to make my own. Also, I love all of your Valentines Day decorations. The shadow box looks great too.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete