Monday, September 27, 2010

Getting ready for supper....


Ok so I got this great idea from a new cooking show Rachel Ray has about making 5 meals on the weekend for the week's meals ahead.......
So Sunday afternoon I got busy with cooking and am very pleased with the results! Yesterday for lunch we had Butternut squash and I always make Butternut soup with the leftovers...You can go here to find the recipe in my archives! We all love this soup, and by chance I had 1/2 a pint of HEAVY cream leftover from a dessert I made this week and Half and Half so I used that instead of milk and OH BABY! creamy goodness....can't wait until lunch today!!
I also put on a pot of sauce to simmer......I just brown up Ground chuck, and Ground turkey, onion and garlic, add the largest jar of Prego, a small can of Tomato paste, 3 cans of water from that can, salt and pepper, a can of mushrooms, fresh basil (when I have it, or dried is fine), 2 T. sugar, and let that simmer away! Mike ate a bowl of it for a snack with a piece of bread! he would eat Spaghetti everyday he has said! ha
I also made a batch of Sloppy Joes, the only difference in the recipe you can click on here in my archives is I used half ground turkey and half ground chuck. I often use just ground turkey but I wanted to stretch the cost too! Be sure to click here to make the best fries EVAH to go with it!
I'm so glad to have these things ready to reheat......last week dinnertime was chaos, between after school activities, sports and church I was so unprepared for meals in the timing to prep and cook times......so hopefully this will make dinner easier! I love to connect with the kids at dinner and talk so if I'm prepared with easy and filling meals ahead I think it will go well...until Sports end for us in Mid November anyhow......
Tonight is Spaghetti, can't wait to smell that sauce fill the room with it's yummy savory good smell! You can just add a salad/veggie or hot crunchy bread to any of these and you're good to go!
HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment