Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cookies....make everything better!















Last week Macy and I got in the kitchen and made six dozen each of Chocolate Chip cookies and Peanut Butter. We love homemade cookies at our house so we thought it would be a good start to the school year to have some on hand! Usually I make cookies every Monday, but there are some Monday's that I just don't feel like it...... so now I'll have them to pull out of the freezer as needed! (or wanted!)
I have a Pampered chef medium scoop that I used to scoop the Chocolate Chip cookies. Scoop them on to a baking sheet lined with waxed paper and freeze for a few hours or overnight. With the Peanut butter I roll them into 1 inch dough balls ( you can eye a 1" dough ball by the size of a walnut) and freeze the same way.
Mark a Ziploc bag with the kind of cookies they are, the temperature and time they take to bake and that way you aren't having to look up the recipe when it comes time to bake them.
You can pull out as many cookies as you'd like and thaw them on a plate in the fridge for a few hrs. OR if you're really craving a cookie and a cup of tea at 1:00 in the afternoon.......defrost a few dough balls and VOILA.....
I really like course sugar for the Peanut Butter cookie tops, just thaw the Peanut Butter cookie dough balls for about 1/2 hr. dip the top in the course sugar and make your criss crosses with a fork. Of course you can use regular sugar but I love the crunch of the course sugar, and it comes in many colors too for fun! I usually buy mine at a cake supply store but you can get them in the grocery store in the spice aisle or the sugar aisle.
I just made a few dozen for a work bee at Jordan's school and I had Gold sugar and blue sprinkles because his school colors are.....BLUE AND GOLD! You can also sprinkle them with Chocolate sprinkles instead of sugar, just make your criss crosses first and sprinkle on the Chocolate sprinkles OR Mini Chocolate chips are good too!
I clean house for a good friend and I love to pop 1/2 a dozen cookies in the oven before I go and then leave her a plate of homemade cookies for after school when she's home from teaching.......
You'll love having the cookie dough on hand for a sick friend, a sad friend (haha), or yourself......Nothing like smelling cookies bake while you're eating dinner and enjoying a hot gooey chocolately cookie after dinner.......You can do the same with sugar cookie dough and then flatten them out with the bottom of a glass and add sugar or sprinkles.......Ginger snaps......practically anything.........
Of course we baked up a few while we were scooping for the frozen ones and I will admit I LOVE Chocolate Chip cookie dough.......I can't tell you how many belly aches I've had from eating too much dough.....but it's SO WORTH IT!
Enjoy the end of your summer!!! <3


2 comments:

  1. Good idea my friend. I have eaten my share of chocolate chip cookie dough, that is why I am on the treadmill now!! I will have to try this for the kids, though.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ~ I'll have to take an afternoon and really pump out a few dozen for the freezer! Great idea~

    ReplyDelete