Monday, February 15, 2010

Baked fries!

We love fries, especially healthy baked ones! I've made these many times but I saw Emeril make them on Good Morning America the other morning and found out THE SECRET!! ha so here goes!
Preheat oven to 425* and THE SECRET: Put the rack on the lowest rung in your oven
4-5 large Baking potatoes, sliced in long strips with skins on
2 TB. Vegetable Oil
1/2 ts. salt (or more if you desire)
1/4 ts. pepper
1/4 ts. Paprika
Toss sliced potatoes in a large bowl with vegetable oil, salt, pepper and Paprika. Place fries on two baking sheets (I sprayed them because they do stick a bit at first) being sure the fries are laying as flat as possible.
Bake 15 mins. and then turn (if you use a metal spatula they won't stick so badly, only a few of mine stuck a bit) return to oven and bake 15 more mins.
I did put mine on Brown paper bags to drain a bit but you don't need to. If you wish to add salt or any other seasonings do it when they are just out of the oven and hot! I don't like mine salted because I use GOBS of Ketchup! ha Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try them.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bake asparagus kind of like this but never thought to do it with homemade fries. They sound delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete