Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Warm favorites!



A favorite warm dish, for most of us! NOT our middle daughter, she has cheese on a bun when we have this! ha She does scarf down the fries though! Sloppy Joes and homemade baked fries, quick and easy!
Sloppy Joe: 2 lbs. ground chuck
1 med. onion, diced
Fry ground chuck and onion together, drain off excess drippings
Add 1-15 oz can Tomato sauce
1/4 cup Ketchup
2 Tb. brown sugar
1 ts. Worcestershire sauce
1 ts. salt
1/4 ts. pepper
1 Tb. mustard
Stir into meat and let simmer an hr. A great idea is to make it ahead, and then put into the crock pot on another day, or you can freeze it, thaw it and then put it in the crock pot for a few hrs. I do this for Thanksgiving company. I make a double batch and then pop it out and reheat! Easy!
Baked fries: You'll need one washed Idaho potato per person that you are serving(unless you want leftovers, add more!)
Cut potatoes into long thin strips, leaving skins on
Spray 2 cookie sheets generously with Pam
Place sliced potatoes on sheets, laying them in even layers not stacked
Spray tops of potato slices on tray Bake on 400* for 45 mins. If desired salt them when they are hot and just out of the oven, it will hold the salt better! I tell you, I can eat 1/2 of a tray myself, I would take these over McDonald's fries and that is saying ALOT for me! I'm a die hard fry lover!! We serve raw veggies and French onion dip with this meal, just seems to go with it for us!

1 comment: