Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall, Zhucchini, and back to school....

Well we're back to school....and so far it's not going so well! I'm so tired, and I don't like getting up at 6:00 a.m. and I miss watching tv. or reading at midnight and getting up at 9:00 and I just don't understand why these kids can't just get themselves up and get a ride from someone else! haha OK I'm teasing about "some" of this.....I do enjoy taking them to school and connecting with them in the morning (sort of)...everyone is sort of quiet in the mornings and now Macy goes to school an hour and a half earlier than last year so I've enjoyed her bubbly spirit at the breakfast table....Jordan is there too but he's a bit like me.....he coasts slowly into mornings......Grace gets up 45 minutes after the rest of us and I'll tell you about Grace.......Grace comes racing full speed into mornings.....she's got a song in her heart at the crack of dawn!! and it's now 5:00 p.m. and I'm preparing dinner and she is STILL full of energy.....I tell ya, she keeps me going! ha
All three kids are in different schools this year, Jordan is a Jr. in High School, Macy is in 7th. grade and Grace is in 4th grade. Fortunately Jordan and Macy go about 10 minutes apart to school so the driving time works out for me and Grace goes about 45 minutes after them! So we're all going to be fine!!
My friend Jacki called one day and asked if I could use some Zucchini.....so I said SURE no one has blessed us with any this season......I said I'll take all you have! hahaha WHICH LED TO......11 BIG OLE BABIES!! It was a job but we got 18 bags of shredded Zucchini in 2 Cup portions, since most bread recipes take 2 Cups and 11 bags of cubed...for soup and stir fry! I'm not a big fan of it plain, but I do LOVE bread and I have a great recipe for Zucchini cake.....I'm sure I'll come back soon to blog about that cake because I'm craving it, and I like it in Vegetable soup! I don't mind it grilled with some Lemon Pepper on occasion either!


I was grating it on a box grater and Mike said "why aren't you using your food processor? DUH!!! "I don't know!" so he hauled it out and do you know WHAT?? he and Macy did them all.......I only washed the outsides and got out of dodge and came back to the kitchen looking disastrous but all the Zucchini was neatly packed and in the freezer!! pretty nice......wonder what else I could trick him into doing......hmmm we are apple picking in a few weeks! ha



Zucchini is a love hate deal isn't it.....either you love em or you don't! I love em hidden in yummy breads, muffins, and cake! My friend Jacki brought me some CHOCOLATE Zucchini muffins......oh man was it just enough chocolate flavor to wake this sleepy gal up in the morning!! ha



We're back to teaching on Wednesday nights at church, 1-5th grade! we love those kids and love teaching! Grace is taking a Gymnastics Rec. class once a week for 2 hours, Jordan is running Cross Country daily after school with a meet 2x a week or so, all three kids are taking piano lessons......and now you know why I'M TIRED! ha We always allow one extra curricular thing to do per kid, per season and so far that's taking up alot of nights......but when end November hits all is quiet again, no one is running after school for practice and we settle in for a long Winter's nap....(speaking of naps...I think I might have to take one once in a while during the week.....can you tell I'm very weak when it comes to sleep? haha).......So we're back in the routine.....back to a schedule of sorts, driving 5, 6 and 7x a day sometimes.........but it's what I love....my family!! I hope you are all ready for Fall and sinking lower into the covers, refreshing your book pile and making some yummy gooey appley, cinnamony things!!


2 comments:

  1. : )
    You da MOM!
    and da FRIEND!
    I thank God I have you for a friend to go through life encouraging each other!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you how much I love your blog. Love the recipes, and love the zucchini hints. You are such an inspiration when you speak about your children. Just in case I haven't told you lately, you're quite a lady. Thanks for sharing and blogging.

    P.S. your music is icing on the cake :-)

    ReplyDelete