Thursday, September 2, 2010

Operation Christmas Child is coming soon......


Operation Christmas Child is coming soon.......I hope you will click on this link and watch or read the incredible story about a gal who was the recipient of a shoe box when she was SIX years old and she now shares her testimony on what it mean to her life.....it was amazing! I read her story to my kids and I could barely choke out the story as I read it.......my kids really love doing the shoe boxes and I'm so glad to be part of it!!

Also if you go here......you can get some great ideas on how to pack a box and what to pack! I read a great idea about hosting a Shoebox party at your house and invite guests to bring items to put in boxes, and then you can spend time together filling and wrapping the boxes.......you could have things out to write letters to put in the shoe boxes for the kids that attend the party.....also Veggie Tales was a sponsor last year with this DVD! So they suggest maybe showing this DVD for a fun part of the party and serve snacks and then discuss how the DVD and it's content ties in with being part of the Shoebox giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment