Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall decorating...ahhh










I am definitely a true to the season sorta gal....You'll hear me say during every season how much I love it! I guess it's the change in scenery, clothes, foods etc. Nothing like curling up with a good book and Fall makes it alot easier to snuggle down into the covers and enjoy a good read!!


And the food......Fall foods? I love Fall foods, I'm sure you do too! I love a good burger on the grill but there's nothing like that first hot pot of soup, or a mug of hot cider, a fresh apple pie out of the oven or a bubbly hot casserole pulled from the oven and leaving the oven door a bit ajar to let the heat into the room.......mmm


This room I have to say is my favorite to cozy into a chair or on the couch and peruse some magazines while I listen to someone practice piano! I love decorating this mantel with sparkling lights all year round.......and the nice thing about decorating for Fall is I leave it up until Thanksgiving day ends...and you KNOW what comes to this mantel after that...but that's a whole new post for then! ha



Apples Apples Apples.....I love all things apples, I love having a basket full of them, even fake ones like the ones under this globe, apple PIE, apple CIDER......apple cake, donuts, fritter, .......endless!





I hope you're all settling into Fall, soon the leaves will be raining down their orange and golden rains......I have to laugh at Grace when we go for a walk and she rides her bike, she likes to ride over the fallen crunchy leaves to hear it crunch......"I got that from you Mom!" I'm glad my kids love the changing seasons and I'm so glad they take notice of the changing seasons indoors too...I think they enjoy the decorations too.....Sometimes it makes me think about wanting to make a mental note to see if any of them do this when they have their own homes someday (gulp)....I can hear them now "We ARE NEVER buying any Charlie Brown CD's and take it easy on the decorating!" haha

2 comments:

  1. I love it, Jeni! And I bet that everyone of your kiddos WILL have Charlie Brown CD's! And I wouldn't be surprised if you have influenced my Lue to have it too! My poor kids are missing out as their mom is a dud in the decorating department! I do have a fall/spice candle though! And LOTS of apple cooking happening here! Boy oh boy, I better get back to exercising! haha!
    See you TONIGHT!!!!
    Love you, Sista!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I just said to my mom today that God knew what He was doing in creating the seasons because with the end of each season, we are always so ready for the next one :-) I love the crisp air and the Fall food. Your decorations are very pretty Jeni!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete