Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Share a little thing!


Operation Christmas child is an AWESOME ministry and I'm so excited and proud to be a part of it! This Sunday our church will start putting out the word that it's time to fill a shoebox with goodies for a child and donate it to Operation Christmas child. A child somewhere "out there" will receive this box and it might be the ONLY gift they get the entire year. I hope you can be part of this ministry somehow this year! Our family is planning to make a "family date night" out of it and go shopping for our shoebox items this Friday night! Our kids decided last year they wanted to make a box of their own and they paid for the contents themselves, wrote a letter and put a photo in the box! It's exciting to see a spirit of "giving" in your children especially during a time of year where it can be about "getting!" If you have never done a shoebox or heard of it go to Samaritan's purse website and read ALL ABOUT IT! Basically you fill a shoebox for a boy or a girl with goodies they would enjoy ( suggested items are listed on the sight) and find a drop off point, donate $7 for the shipping and off it will go to a delighted little child! God told us to spread His love, this is a perfect way!
I hope you enjoy this video clip too that Veggie Tale put out to go along with Operation Christmas child! it's so great to see the looks of delight on these kid's faces and realize how blessed we really are! I hope I'm that excited about receiving Christ's gift to me!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Operation Christmas Child and so do my boys. Actually, I think that I'm going to have my urban ministry girls do this. We'll take a little shopping trip so they can pick things out and pack some shoe boxes. How fun and a great way to share God's love with others!

    Oh, and be sure to look at my blog...I have a gift idea product review up and a giveaway, so enter to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great that your kids do their own! I had Lydia read this so she could see what a great friend she has!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete