Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cookies!


I have to say, these are probably THEEE best oatmeal cookies I've every had!! I tweaked a recipe I found in a Cookie cookbook I have! delicious!! It's the first time I've made these!
Oatmeal Cranberry Crispies
1 stick butter
1/2 C. Shortening
1 C. packed brown sugar
1 C. white granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 ts. vanilla
2 1/2 C. old fashioned oats
2 C. flour
1 ts. baking soda
1 ts. baking powder
1/2 ts. salt
1 C. Craisins
1/2 C. chopped walnuts
1/4 C. shredded coconut
In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Beat in vanilla. Place oats in blender or food processor until slightly ground. (I think this was key to the texture of the cookie, you wouldn't have to do this but like I said, I think it really made the recipe and you could fool anyone into thinking it wasn't oatmeal if they don't like it). Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in Craisins, nuts and coconut. You may have to stir these in by hand, since it's stiff by this point.
(Bake at 350* for 12-14 mins.)
Place in balls/or scoops 2" apart, flatten with fork in criss cross design. Remove to wire racks. Makes 4+ dozen
I was thinking these would be fabulous with 1/2 dipped in white chocolate and dipped in crushed Pistachios at the holidays! "MMM I LOVE ME A GOOD OATMEAL COOKIE, as Paula would say! "

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those look so good! I don't really like raisins in my oatmeal cookies, but Craisins might be really good, and coconut...oh man, pretty much one of my favorite things! That sounds like my kind of cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that you didn't need to buy yourself something sweet while grocery shopping - you had plenty of yummies at home! : )

    ReplyDelete