Saturday, October 10, 2009

And again apples!







Are you all starting to figure out I love APPLE stuff? the funny thing is I don't really enjoy an apple all on it's own very much! I like a wedged up apple with CARAMEL dip! As a matter of fact I remember the year I was pregnant with Jordan I ate a ridiculous amount of apples and caramel dip at a Harvest party we went to at a friend's house! I was SOOO sick in the night I don't think I ate an apple for a long time after that! haha Apples are just one of my families favorite things to eat in Fall especially!!! mmm mmm Today it's apple crisp with Vanilla butter sauce! of course the sauce is Optional, you can always just eat it plain...less fat that way! ha Or icecream is a favorite too!
Apple Crisp
6-7 apples, cored, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 ts. Cinnamon
1/2 ts. Nutmeg
1/4 ts. Pumpkin pie spice (if you have it!)
Toss the apples in brown sugar and spices and pour into sprayed 9x13 baking dish
In same bowl cut in:
1 stick butter
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. dried oatmeal
1/2 T. cinnamon
1/2 C. chopped nuts, walnuts or pecan are good
Cut all these ingredients together in the bowl and sprinkle over apple mixture! Bake 40 mins. at 375*.
Vanilla Sauce:
1 stick butter
1/3 C. sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 C. water
1 T. Vanilla
Melt butter in saucepan, add sugar and cornstarch, water and Vanilla, and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes until it comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute, serve over apple crisp!! ENJOY!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh the temptation. Simply delicious sounding and looking. The most tempting part about it is that I have all the ingredients right here in the house! This could be dangerous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I know you love apple stuff! Apple stuff and CANDY CORN! LOL! You even have it in the pictures! : )
    Looks yummy! I love apple crisp and I haven't made any yet this fall.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to work my way through a bag of apples from the orchard - this is next on my list - thanks!!

    p.s. I need to talk to you tomorrow at church - remind me, okay ;)

    ReplyDelete