Monday, October 19, 2009

Saving on holiday shopping!!


Well....like it or not, the holidays are just around the corner, and if you've been inside of any store you're finding that out!! If you happen to be a bargain hunter NOW IS THE TIME to searching out those great deals and coupons. I have some friends that have pointed me in the right direction for some great deals! In my blog roll there's a button for Frugal Girls and in the list one for Money Saving Mom, just two great sights for finding good deals for holiday giving.
Can I stress HOMEMADE HOMEMADE HOMEMADE....Now I'm not so crafty as far as actually "making" a gift....but I do enjoy making tags, or cards and FOOD items! I love to find a unique gift and add something homemade to it. For instance one year a friend gave me a pair of cute gloves with some really nice hand lotion tucked into the gloves and tied with ribbon. Another oldie but goodie, a cute basket (which you will find everywhere right now on sale especially if you have Hobby stores) with cookies laying on a cute Christmas towel. Another great one I received from a good friend just last Christmas was the DVD set Holiday Inn (a good old fashioned holiday movie) with the cutest old fashioned ornament attached. This same friend who is always so creative (BETH!) got me an adorable Santa Mug with a matching Tea towel, a cool knife and a g. card to a Kitchen store........So as you can see HOMEMADE doesn't have to mean your painting something or sewing something, unless you know how then that's even better! ha I love to make Friendship tea (it's in the archives of my blog) for gifts and you could put that in a basket with a cute mug. These gifts can be as expensive as you want them to be......I guarantee when someone gets a thoughtful gift from you they will love it!! If you don't have alot to spend, go all out on the "presentation". There are tons of blogs and websites for holiday giving, if you want more ideas get Googling!! Hope you enjoy these......I'd love to hear any great ideas you have! I know some of you make awesome cards, crochet, bake, knit.....on and on!!! Why am I talking about CHRISTMAS gifts now? Well.....this time of year alot of Hobby stores start their holiday sales, grocery stores are starting to put holiday staples on sale and the coupon booklets start adding in candy, toys, games and movies.......it takes a bit more time than something store bought but if you have the time ....take it!! ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jeni! I LOVE making homemade gifts for people. My aunts tell me that every year, the gift they are most excited about is the one they get from me because they are always excited to see what I have come up with. That brings me such joy. So fun! I'm going to be reviewing some different products (toys, books, games) for kids on my blog over the upcoming weeks too, so be sure to check it out. I love this time of year and any help on the shopping is always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too kind, Jen. But, you are very fun to buy for! Thank you for some great ideas, too. You are a little smartie pants (literally!), and I love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making gifts. Thanks for the great ideas. I even just ordered a book that will have some homemade gift giving ideas. When I get it, I'll share it with you.

    ReplyDelete