Monday, February 22, 2010

Grace's Birthday!

Friday was Grace's 9th Birthday! She was so excited Thursday night when she went to bed....she's still at that age when the "gifts" are the exciting part! She woke up and we made French toast for her breakfast and Macy even got up to join us for breakfast an hour before she usually gets up! Such a good sister! We had just a few small gifts for her at her spot at the table! She chose a "dog" themed party (I wanted a Princess or Pony party but I went with it....she does have a strong adoration for dogs!) so we made dog bone shaped cookies for her to take to school as her treat! She had a great day Friday!

Mike and I went to a Marriage seminar at church Friday night and Saturday morning. The speakers were Bill and Pam Farrel and they were great! So we had Grace's party with family Saturday night! we had 14 of us and we had a ball!


Grace isn't a cake lover unless it's chocolate icing so we had Strawberry cake with Chocolate whipped icing! It was yummy but I wish it was all gone and not in the house! ha If you look closely under the cake I placed these GIANT Candy button candies I found at Cracker Barrel! they were so cool! I also found a GIANT candy necklace I had on the table too! it was fun!



We got Grace a new bible and had her name put on it in gold! I recalled her saying once, her bible wasn't "real" because it didn't have gold sides! ha I found a horse Bible with a horse embossed on the top! Grace also ADORES horses so it was an awesome find.....perfect small sized and she was really thrilled! She was fun to watch and my whole family still enjoys having someone young enough to get really excited!! ha
It's snowing really hard and all schools around BUT US are closed today! Oh well.....I clean today at another house and my laundry is screaming my name! So enjoy your week!!



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Grace had an amazing birthday and you all had a great weekend. That's so great to hear!

    As far as us being the only people without a snow day though, I'm not so thrilled. Brian doesn't work on Mondays so he is home anyway, but he works for Memphis schools and they are letting the kids out at 11:00 due to the snow. I guess we're not rural enough of an area to get a snow day. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so very good at making special days be wonderful and memorable! You are good at making ordinary days special too! : )
    You always inspire me, Jeni!
    Your cake was so pretty! Strawberry with chocolate frosting sounds really yummy! Glad it isn't in my house : 0 Ha!
    The Farrals were great on Sunday. I am so glad the marriage retreat went well!
    Love you!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bible for Gracie!! Where did you find it? Abbi is a horse lover too! Loved the marriage retreat, learned alot!! Oh, and I wanted to ask if the cute little trees on the tables in the gym were your creation?? Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! thanks for mentioning Bill and I! We feel like family! Bless you-- so glad you liked the conference!
    Pam Farrel

    ReplyDelete