Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lovin my skillet!




I love my skillet....My friend Beth got it for me for Christmas! she is so sweet all the time!! Kindred cookers we are! lol So Friday night Mike and I decided to have a fire, watch and movie and cook at home! So Fahitas was what we chose!! So here ya go! (I wish I had taken a picture of all the yummy sides but I'll tell you about them at the end anyhow!! ha)

2 Tb. Olive Oil (plus 1 ts. for veggies)
2 boneless Chicken breasts, cut in 1/4" strips (and about 2" long)
1 Pepper (we like red or orange) sliced in strips
2 Onions slices in long strips
8 oz. container of sliced Portabella baby mushrooms (or reg. mushrooms)
8 oz. bag shredded Jack cheese
Sour cream

Heat Olive Oil in skillet and let it get very hot, almost smoking. Place chicken in skillet and let saute for a few mins. before you move it around. If you try to move it around right away it will stick or tear. Using tongs, turn chicken to brown on the other sided. Remove chicken and place on a plate. Add 1 ts. more oil, add onions right away and saute until carmelized, add mushrooms and then the peppers last. You can sprinkle on salt and pepper if you wish and I sprinkled it with about 1/4 ts. Cumin for a bit of Taco spice flavor. Cook until mushrooms are just browned a bit and turn off heat. Push veggies over and add chicken back in on half to warm!
Serve on Whole Wheat Fahita shells, with sour cream, tomatoes diced, and sour cream of course! We had Blue Tortilla chips on the side and I made Guacamole!
Guacomole:
1 large avacado, soft (look for purplish skin NOT green if you want to serve it that day or close to it, and you don't want it to mush when you squeeze it but be pretty soft...soft enough to mash with a fork!)
Chop Avacado coursly in bowl, add 1/2 ts. lemon juice (or lime if you prefer), add 1 finely diced Roma tomato, 2 T. sour cream, salt and pepper and a few dashes of Red Hot sauce! DIVINE!!
We also had Salsa, I love Target's Archer Farms Pinapple Mild salsa! it was yummy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds pretty good... can I come over for leftovers??!!

    ReplyDelete