Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm back!







Well I'm back! Sort of getting back into the routine and schedules! This is the first full week of school here and all three kids seem to have adjusted well! I have three in three different schools this year.....which means alot of transportation! ha But it's what I love to do! Jordan is beginning 10th grade and I get in sort of a panic at how fast the time goes especially since he's developing a "social life" outside of home with his buddies, Macy started Jr. High, she was a bit apprehensive but after day one she loved it! and my baby Grace is in 3rd. grade, she informed me she will be my "baby" at home but not out in public!! So my life is full and busy but it's what I thrive on!!
I love Fall.....I'm a four seasons girl(if you can call this past Summer....Summer ha) and it seems whatever season is approaching I always enjoyit, but none, more than Fall I think! I love the crunchy leaves, and the changing colors! My family always laughs at me because when we go somewhere and see a bunch of trees together I'll always say "Oh my, I bet that's beautiful in the Fall!"
I love the smells of nutmeg, pumpkin, cinnamon, and homemade applesauce! I'm also guilty of popping in the soundtrack to Charlie Brown Christmas usually by early September, it's just so relaxing and homey to me! It's raining acorns right now and they are like marbles in the driveway, it's amazing how many can fall in just a few short days! Did you know Weavels can live in them? gross! we learned the hard way when we were reading about a cute craft you could do by painting them to look like little orange pumpkins but you needed to bake them first to kill the Weavels...AH NO! ha
We're having a ball watching Grace play her first year of soccer, and had a good laugh on Saturday at her first game when she ran out to find her position on the field and tried to quietly yell to her coach "WHAT DOES DEFENSE MEAN?" She'll get it...she loves to run it out that's for sure! Jordan is running Cross Country and is really finding this is his thing, he amazes me on the weekends when he ties up his running shoes, pops in his IPOD headphones and says "I'm heading out to run mom!" and comes back after EIGHT miles.....Macy is trying her hand at the Clarinet in band and we got a big laugh out of her saying "I'm not sure what instrument I'm going to play but nothing you have to blow into really hard because I get light headed!" Ahhh honey that's about EVERY instrument! ha So she's going with this and we had a friend give us her old clarinet and it's in the shop getting tuned up! that saved us big money!
So I hope you are all looking forward to Fall! It's kind of a new beginning to the year, sort of a January 1st. flair (only warmer ha)! I'm excited to see what new things God has in store for me this year! I start our ladies bible study tomorrow and it's always a great challenge to be in God's word and really grounding myself in His Path!
Enjoy this time of year! Decorate your house a little, even if it's just a fake pumpkin and a few leaves! The dollar store has some cute things! and if you REALLY want to see some beautiful Fall decorating click on the link to the right of this page on SugarPieFarmhouse! She is TRULY an all out decorator and her music is so sweet and homey...you'll be tappin your foot and out buying a pumpkin before "Y'all know it!"









4 comments:

  1. YEAH!! The clarinet!! That is my main instrument (music performance major: clarinet & vocal). Go Macy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you're back and I'm so , so glad to hear how your kids are loving school =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Jeni! I love the new look! & you inspire the joy of the fall season!
    Love ya!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you couldn't stay gone too long! I'm so glad you're back. I loved reading about all the kids and the new activities they've got going on. Fall is such an exciting time with new schedules, new activities, changing weather...I love it! I look forward to seeing all the yummy recipes I know you'll be posting and just to read the cute little stuff you always write. ;-)

    ReplyDelete