Monday, September 28, 2009

Apple Butter!















Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. James 5:7
This recipe is making it's rounds....I got it from my friend Danielle, her blog is at the right of my page on my blog list! http://yelliepooh.blogspot.com/ It smelled so great in here all day! This is how it looks after a few hours!
In a crock pot place: 9 apples peeled, cored and chunked. Add 2 C. sugar, 2 ts. cinnamon, 1/4 ts. salt, 1/4 ts. ground cloves. Cook on High setting for 2 hours and then turn to low up to 12 hours. (Mine took from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. to look just right! mmm) Set a timer and stir every hour.....So be sure to make this on a day you're home during the day. I think if you missed one stirring you would be ok!










Here's how it looks when it's done!












I hear this is delicious spread on a piece of buttered toast.....Knowing how much we love apples dipped in peanut butter I think this is going to be great on a good old PB & J......and served over oatmeal and best of all.....would be served with pork of some type!! mmm mmm good stuff.....Put on a pot of this luscious goodness and lose yourself in a book, and let the spicy scents of Autumn mesmerize you !! Can't wait until breakfast!!

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. Proverbs 25:11

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun how this recipe is making it's rounds. I love it! I hope your family will enjoy it as much as my family has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you told Dean about putting it on pork chops ~ I'm gonna get out the chops tomorrow morning and have him grill 'em up tomorrow night. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your house smelled wonderful! I just might have to make this too! Jeanne would especially love it!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete