Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tacos made fast!




When I want that taco "fix" this is a great quick dish to make and smells so yummy! It's a Pampered Chef recipe I've tweaked a bit! Usually they make it in a ring, and you could but this was so much faster and I think give you bigger pieces! (you can google this to see photos if you'd like!)
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. Taco seasoning
1 onion, chopped
Brown ground beef, drain if necessary. Add Taco seasoning and water according to pkg.
2 tubes reduced fat croissant rolls (Danielle notice REDUCED FAT! ha)
Lay both tubes of croissants out on a baking sheet next to each other and press seams together, cut slits evenly on both sides but only cut in about 3 inches to leave the center for your filling. I use a pizza cutter to make it easier!
Place ground beef mixture down the center of the croissants and sprinkle with:
1 C. of 2% Sharp Cheddar cheese
Bring up strips and twist as you bring up each one, meet them at the top and pinch off. This will go right to the edge of a Pampered Chef baking sheet so I pinch up both ends to keep the sauce from pouring out! It will seem saucy but don't worry it will cook in.
Bake 30 mins. at 350.
Serve with shredded lettuce, corn is a MUST, tomatoes, sour cream and taco sauce! this serves my family of 5 easily but if you had more than 6 people I would make two!
ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl, this looks delicious! Thank you for pointing out the low fat part for me. LOL You crack me up. I see this meal in our future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this for dinner tonight! I don't have the croisants but I will make biscuit dough instead. I let you know...
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good - and everyone ate it!

    ReplyDelete