Saturday, September 19, 2009

An old fashioned card in the mail!


This card is from my friend Laura's blog, she is an awesome stamper and makes the coolest cards, check out her blog! http://blondeegrl-mypassionforcards.blogspot.com/
I love to send "old fashioned" snail mail cards to people...is this a lost art? I hope not! With email, twitter and Facebook and the like it's almost easier to send Birthday wishes, Get well wishes or just Thinking of You thoughts this way!!! But I still say there's nothing like opening your mail box and finding a card that someone has lovingly thought about, written and sent...after all the cost of mailing a letter these days is getting up there! ha
I am always drawn to those boxed cards you see in the stores, and if they are glittered I'm a goner! I have a craft room with gobs of stuff to stamp my own and I intend to get in there in the next week and USE IT! I love to make cards, I just don't take the time.......but you don't have to make them. You can find cards almost anywhere now for .99! I know Target has a .50 section...you can't make it for that! Imagine for about a dollar you can make someones day!!
I love to wrap a written card in a piece of ribbon if I'm hand delivering it.....which I like to do as well, along with some fresh muffins or homemade cookies (but that's another post! ha) and I've been known to put some paper sprinkles of some sort or even a few sequins inside the card so there's a bit of surprise when the person getting the card opens it up! I just sent one to a friend with little "leaf" sprinkles....so fun!! Have to admit I do love getting a card in the mail but not as much as I love sending them.......I don't think a week goes by that I don't think of someone I want to send one too! So.......I hope you take a little time out and send someone a card......happy sprinkling!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, there is just something so special and uplifting about getting an actual card in the mail. Oh, and I cracked up about your little "sprinkles" in the card. Let's just say, my grandma doesn't just put a few, but enough to make a serious mess...which she thinks is just hilarious! We now have gotten smart enough to open cards from her over the table! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my card, dear friend. And the sprinkle of leaves was a nice added touch. Thanks for making my day. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete