Monday, November 30, 2009

This is a previous post but I just made it again and it's so good!





I got a great, EASY, tasty recipe for Broccoli Cheese soup that you make in your crock pot from my sister in law a few weeks ago! I tweaked it to be low fat and added or changed a few things so hopefully she won't mind! haha this is a double recipe, I like leftovers!


Broccoli Cheese Soup

1 bag frozen broccoli

1 bag frozen broc./cauliflaur mix

16 oz. Velveeta 2% block cheese, cut in large chunks(this is 1/2 of the big block)

1 can Healthy request, Campbell's cream of chicken soup

1 can Healthy request, Campbell's cream of mushroom soup

1 quart light Half and Half (I'm going to try this with 2% milk and see how that goes when I don't have half and half on hand)


Add all ingredients to crock pot, place temperature on High for 3 1/2 hrs. Stir on occasion to break up the cheese if you are home! Fix it and Forget it. My sister in law cooked hers for 2 hrs. Depending if you like your veggies whole and slightly firm do 2 hrs. + the 3 1/2 hrs. makes the veggies break down and I stirred them in, it makes more of a creamed soup! I served this at a small dinner for girlfriends with whole wheat french bread, yum! I thought I "might" have leftovers but then my teenage son came home from church and that was that......ha so this doubled served 6 large bowls! If you had sandwiches too you could use less soup!

ENJOY! Ya gotta love soup during these cold days especially if you can throw it in and move on with your day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna get these ingredients for while my mom is here after the baby is born. She loves Broccoli Cheese soup, it sounds like an easy dish to put together ~ plus it sounds DELISH!!

    Thanks~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete