Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The holidays.....Oh how I love them! Right now it's quiet here in the house. Mike and the kids are playing Mario Kart on Wii, haha but tomorrow at this time of day the house will be BUSTLING with noise and activity.....Music to my ears!! Today Macy and I made 2 pumpkin pies and 2 Chocolate Pecan and it was smelling like a Yankee candle store around here! ha We also got the table set and we stole an idea from Aunt Ruthie at Sugarpie Farmhouse's blog. You get out all your serving dishes, put a small piece of paper in it that tells what food is going in that dish with it's serving spoon so you have all the dishes and serving spoons out that you need and you aren't digging through the cabinets to find a dusty bowl that you want to use!! Good idea aunt Ruthie!





We took a day trip to Frakenmuth, it's about an hr. plus ride from here and at the Holiday's it's magical.....we went to Bronners Christmas store and just had a ball looking at all the gorgeous decorations and unique things......We love all the different sized nativity sets from tiny to yard sized! We had a ball, Grace loved seeing the horse and carriages and said "I'm going to get a job here one day driving those carriages!" I wouldn't be surprised at all!





There are SO many things that I could list that I"m thankful for this yr. God has TRULY blessed us with MUCH! I pray for those who are less fortunate, who are grieving someone this season, who dont' have enough food, or money ......I pray they can still feel God's Joy and Comfort!! I'll be back on after we have a BIG OLE FAMILY WEEKEND TOGETHER with cousins and aunts and uncles and Grandparents.......by the time I'm back I'll be all decorated for CHRISTMAS! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY BLOGGIE FRIENDS! I hope you're all counting your blessings as well!



2 comments:

  1. This is your DAY, Jeni! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love you!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving and I hope that you enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete