Saturday, November 14, 2009

SUNSHINE!

It's amazing to me how much sunshine we've had here this week and temperatures in the 60's! What a boost that is to the spirit......let alone an encouragement to get outside and get the yard cleaned up! The last of our leaves will soon be swept to the curb and sucked up in a big leaf pick up machine that comes by and takes them away! the yard looks so clean and green and bare......the sunshine also shows me how DIRTY my windows are so since it's already 60* out I'm going to head out and get them cleaned up!!! Jordan has been out in the neighborhood picking up some extra money cleaning up leaves for people...he's a hard worker and I'm so thankful for that! He does his own Christmas shopping too so the extra money comes in handy right about now! Of course he does ours ON THE CHEAP! lol
The girls are in a Rollerblading stage lately and I've been grateful they are getting alot of fresh air and exercise lately! they also enjoy a great BIG OLE PILE OF LEAVES......lol Mike's cleaning our carpets today, we went in on a steam cleaner with my parents last yr! I HIGHLY recommend that.......I couldn't believe how dirty the water was in one yr! yikes!! I'm FOREVER saying "don't walk on the carpet in your shoes!" but it often falls on deaf ears apparently!!
I really enjoy these "busy" days of Fall prepping for holiday company......Mike's family of 6 will travel to spend a few days with us over Thanksgiving and it's a highlight of our year for all of us.....I think this visit and time together might even rate above Christmas!! we played a "getting to know you game" over my dad's Birthday in September and I was pleasantly surprised to see my dad answer this question: What's your favorite holiday? and his response was Thanksgiving! that was a high compliment since we host it at our house! I have to say "hosting" runs in my blood, it excites me and I just thrive on the vibe lol of hosting holiday parties and get togethers.......making lists and mental notes of recipes while listening to the holiday tunes (my girlfriends tease and laugh at me at how much I love the holiday tunes) and thinking about what desserts might be good and which ones won't be.......lol Anyhow just reflecting today on the JOY holiday's bring to my house, the excitement in my family and the "togetherness!" I think that's the key, the togetherness.....I'm SOOOO BEYOND blessed to have a family that loves to be just that....... A FAMILY...we hang out at home together most of the time and I love that.......Jordan is in 10th. grade already and the thoughts of these days being just memories sorta makes me panic but I'll savor his years home.....I've watched my nieces grow up so fast and one is now in COLLEGE yikes....and my sister in law and I will casually and "quickly" discuss the days when they will bring their own families into the mix.......but for now I'm just sucking up every bit of love and joy that this time of year seems to bring and with all this great weather and sunshine it is an added bonus.......especially when the guys can get the outdoor Christmas lights up while it's warm for the GRAND LIGHTING CEREMONY on Thanksgiving night!! lol I hope you are all enjoying this time of year with your family too!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jeni! This post just made me smile and made my heart swell. I too love all the things you mentioned (besides the hosting things at my house part, that's definitely not my thing LOL). All of the stuff about family and preparing for the holidays and the sunshine and the trying to really be sure to savor the moments with my kids while they are young...it all is something I absolutely identify with. God has blessed us so greatly! I am just all smiles right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni, I treasure my friendship with you! You are so good for me to help me remember what is important in this life! Love you!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete