Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year.......


It's a new year......I don't have any real big resolutions necessarily this year! Of course I always think I need to be "nicer" to those I love...but that tends to be a theme EVERY year! haha
For the last few years I've read this book over Winter as my devotion time at night.....A few years ago a friend inspired me to keep a devotion journal.....I am VERY visual, I always need to write out lists or write things out, see them on paper etc. so writing in a devo. journal has turned out to be a GREAT growing experience in my spiritual life over the last few years.
I use a Composition notebook (since we always have a great supply of them in the school supply box) and after I read a few pages of the book, sometimes a chapter depending on how tired I am, ha I try to write out a verse that was in that section of reading and how it applied/applies to me or how I would like it to apply to me! ha
I think being a positive mom has huge affects on your kids, your relationship with them.......and let's face it, it's alot easier to pick out the negatives for some dumb reason than pick out those positive things they do! So I wanted to share about this book! I've had it for years......and I remember the first time I struggled through reading it, my kids were very little, thinking Grace was even a baby and I KNOW that stage is a hard time for a tired mom of "littles" to work on being more positive....But I also know HE KNOWS the stages we're going through in life, He knows we're tired and He knows our hearts are longing to be a better "prayer" a "nicer" mom or wife.......So I hope you might look for this book and enjoy it......HAPPY NEW YEAR'S WEEK ALL! We've had a lovely snow with a few new inches ....everything looks so nice and clean (outside anyhow! ha)........

No comments:

Post a Comment