Monday, January 10, 2011

Lasagna...

I have a new favorite tip for making Lasagna very easy! I was watching Ina Garten on Foodnetwork, ie Barefoot Contessa and she put this great tip for making Lasagna on her show one day. You put a whole box of Lasagna noodles in a 9 x13 pan. Turn on the tap water until it runs as hot as it gets, fill the pan of noodles with the hot water just enough to cover them and let sit for 20 minutes.(I will warn you NOT to soak more than the 20 mins. or they turn to MUSH! I learned the hard way, more is NOT better here ha) They are partially cooked, easy to handle, they don't stick and they cook up beautifully in your Lasagna! No more boiling and broken noodles! I do like the NO Boil noodles on the market but my dear Mike the true Italian doesn't like how "pasty" they taste in that!















My recipes for Lasagna very greatly, depending on if I feel like making a homemade pot of sauce or not and what I have on hand but this recipe has become the fastest of all recipes for me to put together!

1 box Lasagna noodles
1 Large Jar Prego
1 Jar Lite Alfredo sauce (I use this in place of Cottage cheese sometimes)
1/2 C. Parm. Cheese
8 oz bag Shredded Mozzarella


Drain noodles that have soaked. Coat bottom of a different 9x 13 pan with some of the Prego, place a layer of noodles and then layer noodles, sauce, cheeses (saving 1/3 of the Mozzarella cheese for the top) until finishing with a layer of sauce only and the remaining Mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 for 55 mins. covered with foil. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is bubbles and melted. Add a salad and some bread and voila! Another great tip for cutting your Lasagna, let it sit 10 minutes before cutting so the sauces thicken.
*SECRET: I put 2 Cups of shredded Zucchini I pulled out of the freezer and thawed in the center layer...NO one knew until they saw it but they were several bites in before they noticed! great way to sneak veggies in without a strong flavor!! I LOVE to layer in chopped Spinach as well, that is a great addition to this dish! enjoy! You know this tastes better the next day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment