Monday, January 24, 2011

For the birds....


We have a bird feeder outside our front window and we have finch food it in specifically. We got the idea from our neighbor since she always has the most adorable bright yellow finch's on her feeders. She told us to get Nijer(?) seed. It's little tiny black seeds but the key is the finch feeder, it has little tear drop shaped holes so the squirrels can't get at it! which they tried hard to do......Well this Winter we've seen them all over the feeder and we have learned somethings too. Finches change color in Winter from their bright yellow feathers to a brownish color. We have some cute little fat white fuzzy bellied birdies on their lately too.
Well we found these little tiny feet prints in the snow outside our back door yesterday! We were sorry that we didn't hear this little birdie knocking on the door or else we would have definately let him in!! but these are so sweet so we had to share!
Bird feeders are such a small thing but create so much fun and it's actually very relaxing to watch them at the feeder without a care in the world nibbling away at the food. It's just another reason God is so amazing in His creation. There's probably no great reason for Finches in this world but I'm pretty sure they are here to create JOY and FUN for the bird watchers!!

1 comment:

  1. I love watching the birds feed too. I started feeding them a couple of years ago, figuring if I fed them enough of their food, they might stay out of my garden :-) I watch them while I'm sitting at the table doing schoolwork with my kids. Yes, mom is the one staring out the window :-) They are wonderful. We don't have any yellow finch around here though. I'd love to see some.
    Have a blessed Sunday!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete