Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring....Easter....Smiles!

Doesn't Spring bring smiles and more smiles to your face? When that sunshine pops out and my Crocus' are popping through the ground.....it makes me smile! We've had a few warm days but not this week but the sunshine has been so lovely......I know it changes my whole countenance when the sun is shining! Remember the cute shadow box Beth gave me? it's become one of my favorite things and I keep thinking up ideas for it all the time! Here's what Easter brought to it this year! We named this cute little guy "Ben"! haha


I copied this "bright idea" from the front cover of Country Living magazine......I love it when my family can walk through the back door and they are greeted with a burst of color and Spring! These are just "fakers"....I love Hobby Lobby!



Wouldn't you know this is another little ditty BETH GAVE ME....this glass dome is another fun thing I love to find things to put underneath it! This little bunny is enjoying some fresh green grass and petals without being bothered!



I nabbed this Easter tree on super sale and the girls especially loved it, Grace loved hanging all the Easter eggs from it.....we also hang Easter eggs outside on a Rose of Sharon tree right outside our front window! We used green polka dotted ribbon and I found Eggs in bright Earthy colors this year at my other favorite store...TARGET! they are bright green, peach, Rosy red, yellow, robins' egg blue and pale yellow! fun to drive up the driveway and see that Polka dotted egg tree outdoors!





This is another favorite Easter piece I got years ago....the little flowers are napkin rings that are felt! so fun and colorful! This sits over my computer desk! Notice the ceramic carrot behind it, I love that too! WELL YOU'RE ALL ON TO ME BY NOW.....I LOVE AN EXCUSE TO DECORATE!! I hope some of you put a few bright touches out for Spring and Easter....I hope too that you are celebrating the "true" meaning of Easter.....It can be alot of fun to celebrate Easter with the chocolate bunnies and jelly beans but it's also a reminder that our SAVIOR paid a HIGH PRICE for US! I find Easter to be a precious season in my life.......we help host a Seder supper for the kids at church the night before Good Friday after sharing a stew supper together and it is the beginning of a weekend to reflect on what it really means that Jesus DIED FOR US.....and all He asks is that we spread the news that he did just that....so others can come to know him, live for Him and spend an eternity with him! WOW!



2 comments:

  1. I love your decorating! I'm gonna have to get myself one of those little shadow boxes. Too cute! I also love what you mentioned about the true meaning of Easter. We are soooooo incredibly blessed to be loved by a God who would offer such a great sacrifice for us. Just amazing and humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a little Martha Stewart with all your cute Easter decorations! I aspire to decorate that cute, but Brady would demolish them in a minute, she is a brute!! Ha Ha! This truly is a season of reflection of what our Savior has done for us and what it means to each of us! Thanks for sharing pics and putting the holiday into prespective. :) Shelley

    ReplyDelete