Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring cleaning!...someMORE!

(Be sure to turn your speaker on when you read this....you'll get a kick out of the song!
Beautiful 2 God (click here or look for her button on my side bar) is hosting another Spring Cleaning challenge......your main bathroom! Fortunate for me, I tackled this a few weeks ago because it was driving me bonkers.....I can't tell you how many bottles with just dribbles of shampoo etc. I cleaned out.....and SHEETS? folding sheets is not my favorite chore let alone sorting them.....but I did by person! now no one has an excuse not to put clean sheets on their beds each week! haha "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. "Ezekiel 36:25, 26

Do you pray when you go about your cleaning? I try to pick certain people or groups to pray for when I'm doing my "jobs"....meaning when I clean 2 houses for PAY! haha I love to pray for the people that live in that house knowing each week prayers flow through their rooms after I leave! and considering one of the houses I clean is my friend it's especially sweet to me to pray for her and her family!!


"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow." Ps. 51:7
Do you use Hyssop? I looked it up and Hyssop was used for a Cologne or used in cooking as an herb with a minty flavor. It also had many medicinal purposes! I don't think we use Hyssop these days haha
This is a toothbrush holder I found on clearance years ago for Grace, it has a salt timer so you can remember how long to brusha brusha!!

"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." Prov. 31:17
Sometimes I don't feel like my arms are very strong especially after cleaning! haha Sometimes I plop down after a cleaning job and stay there.....too long! ha
These are flossers for kids that we keep in a glass jar so they look like EYE CANDY to the kids and it entices them to floss! So many neat things for kids these days.....I had plain old string floss when I was a kid!

"She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple" Prov. 31:22
This reminds of my friend Jacki who makes theeee most gorgeous quilts! they are amazing and she finishes peoples quilts for them, attaching the backing and edges and quilting it! amazing to me for sure! and I have friends that sew! THEIR CLOTHES.....that amazes me too....I couldn't do either but I'm a heck of a clearance finder! haha
Nothing fancy in the toiletry cabinet but it's nice to have things ready to reach and know when you're down to that last bar of soap or out of toothpaste!!

So......I could tackle the "guys" bathroom.......but I don't think I will.......I didn't do a very good job getting to last weeks challenge so I think I'll work on the front closet this week!! Danielle did a great job last week! WOW!! Look for her button on my sidebar and check out her GREAT give away and her entry way cleaning job at Finally Finding Me!!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, this made me SMILE! Love it! : )
    You go W O M A N!

    Ha!

    Love you!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song cracks me up! Ha!!!!
    Have fun with the spring cleaning of the bathroom....phew.

    ReplyDelete