Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Pecan Pie!

Chocolate Pecan Pie is so heavenly and rich and decadent you won't be able to eat a whole slice I'll bet! (well maybe a small slice!) Enjoy!

1 pie crust (if I don't feel like making homemade, Pillsbury makes a very good roll out crust)
Filling:
1 C. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 C. light corn syrup
1/2 C. dark corn syrup
1/4 C. butter, melted
3 large eggs
1 1/2 ts. Vanilla
1/4 ts. salt
2 C. pecan halves
3/4 C. semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 C. flaked sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350*. Put crust in deep pie plate, crimp edges (be sure edges rest on the rim if you use the prepared crust so they don't fall in/melt into the pie plate) Bake crust for 8 mins.
In large bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrups. Add melted butter, eggs, vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle chocolate chips on the bottom of crust evenly. Then sprinkle coconut on top of chocolate chips. Pour pecan mixture on top of coconut. Bake for 1 hr. or until center is set. Cover with foil last 10 minutes if needed to prevent burning.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds delicious. I have a few kids that can't eat pecans (or other tree nuts for that matter) so I don't tend to make anything with them in it anymore. I think if I made this, my husband and I would eat it all ourselves. I wish I could just drop by and have a slice of yours :-)
    Have a glorious Easter!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete