Wednesday, December 9, 2009

tis the season for reindeer treats!




Reindeer treats are the easiest and yummiest treats you can make! Grace has a bake sale today at her school and they like small individually packed treats so they are affordable to the kids! I found these adorable folding bags at the dollar store in packages of 4! so cute! there's a cellophane window to show what is inside!
Fill a baking sheet with small reg. pretzels, place a Hershey Kiss on top of each pretzel and bake at 300* for 2-3 mins. (I test if it's melting enough to push an M & M in it by pushing on it with my finger, if you don't feel a hard center you're good to go!) Place a red M & M in the center and push down. Let cool a few hours. If you need them quicker, put them in the freezer for just a few minutes!
Now I laid awake one night thinking of all the GREAT combos you could make with these since there are SO many flavors of Kisses these days, so here goes: Coconut kiss with a whole almond on top! Cherry kiss with a candied cherry! Milk chocolate Kiss with a Snowcap on top! Caramel with a whole Pecan! Mint Kiss with Mint M & M's......just to name a few of the combos you could do!! Off to the bake sale! ENJOY!



3 comments:

  1. very cute Jeni! & I love pretzles and chocolate! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, yummy! Cracks me up that you laid awake one night thinking of different ingredient combinations for them. I think I think it's funny because I do the same type of thing! Those are so cute and easy and kids are sure to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this. I've been looking for something that would be easy for my kids to make for gifts to take to neighbors and friends. This is perfect!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete