Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Strictly for your entertainment.....


Ok so this is strictly for your entertainment, because it was NOT funny to me at the time......however whenever I relay the story, my friends think it's hysterical!
So......I am in Kohl's, a local department store a few weeks ago trying on clothes and trying to find a DRESS.....I do not really like dresses so much but this was a casual dress that was almost like a Camp shirt style dress that buttons up the front like a blouse with a belt on it. It was cute and simple and could be dressed up or down so I think, hmmm I'll give it a shot......So I'm in the fitting room and I'm thinking why take my jeans off all the way......I'll just drop them down to my feet and try the dress on......so I do that.
I pulled the dress up over my legs and proceed to push both arms into the 3/4 length sleeves....well I tend to have bigger arms in the sleeve area (despite all those triceps work outs..... still jiggly!)......so I get the sleeves part way up and I'm thinking "hmm they feel kind of snug......" but there are buttons at the sleeves so I think, I'll just unbutton them. So I pull it all the way on and button it and it's TOOOO tight in the sleeves.....So I reach for the button on the sleeve and they are DECORATIVE! So I decide I can't get this dress even though I liked it the sleeves can't be altered.......so I unbutton it and guess what? I cannot budge the sleeves off because as I'm pulling my arms it's moving up and getting tighter.
Now this goes on for at least 10 minutes, I'm not kidding here......and because I have both arms caught I cannot get a hand up to slip my finger in and pull it down and the more I'm trying to reach the back of the dress and pull it down my arms pull it tighter.
So I stand there.....looking at myself with my jeans at my ankles and the dress is flung wide because now it's unbutton all the way to my belly and it's so tight so my bra is right out there and I'm realizing I'm going to HAVE TO CALL SOMEONE IN TO HELP ME........and I look myself over again, a red hot clammy feeling comes over me in a panic.....realizing whoever comes in is going to have to practically rip the sleeves down, my bra is right out there, and the jeans.....yep around my ankles belt and all.......so I pray really quick and just do this wriggling dancy stretching ready to rip the dress and pay for it anyhow stretch and VOILA one arm comes loose........so I finally wriggle out of it, it didn't rip and I had to sit down and breath a minute.
As I said this was not funny at the time at all, I'm telling you I had those red marks for DAYS people....when I showed Mike he couldn't believe it! But it's another thing to justify Mike comparing me to Lucy Ricardo!
(p.s. Yes this is me with craft lights in my hair...I bought them for a mini Christmas tree and the girls put them in my hair and said "mom you like everything that's sparkly now your hair can be too!" haha)

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up!! Luuuucy, you get some esplaining to do!!(I knew I spelled it wrong, I am trying to convey the accent!!)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah HA! HA! HA! I can't stop laughing! and I have tears running down my face! Oh, you are my SUNSHINE! : )

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny! I would have been in full closterphobia madness if this happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is something that would happen to me! I love it that I'm not alone. Thanks for the smiles today!!!

    ReplyDelete