Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a weekend!

What a great Mother's Day and Birthday weekend I had! Today is actually my Birthday but we always celebrate with extended family the Sunday before or after so it was Mother's Day this yr. for celebrating!
Friday night Mike had surprised me with tickets to Disney's Beauty and the Beast at our local theatre and it was AWESOME I just loved it.....the girls loved it too and Grace leaned over to me during the show and said "tell dad thanks for the tickets....I love this show!" Awe.....My friend was the wardrobe and her kids were in it as well......

We decided to celebrate Mother's Day breakfast on Saturday because Sunday's tend to be a bit hectic getting ready for church. They brought me a delicious fruit salad and orange juice to start and then this delicious Spinach Quiche and hot Peach tea! Grace joined me in bed for a while and we enjoyed snugglin!! We spent the rest of the day relaxing, I even took a bubble bath and read a book for a long time.......it was great!


Saturday night my best buddies took me out to dinner to the cutest place called the Atrium.....it was SO charming! I wish I had a picture of the inside of it...there was a Christmas tree up all decorated in pinks and crystal ornaments and just charming stuff all over the PLACE!! I had THEEEE best Peach/Berry Crumb pie EVAH!!! oh man.......was it divine I wish I had a piece RIGHT NOW! ha
Mother's day was full of sunshine and flowers and hugs and kisses.....I loved the entire day!!! The kids did so many things to make it special. Macy did some decorating that was something out of Martha Stewarts kitchen.....it was gorgeous! she did all white decorations and sprinkled colored buttons down the table and clipped a great big bouquet of Lilacs off our bushes! It was lovely......Jordan made Bruschetta and Grace was busy coloring Mother's day pictures.......Mike grilled my favorite burgers and Macy made a delectable Chocolate Trifle! mmmm goodness!




I got so many GREAT things for my Birthday: Hanging flowers, gift cards to the flower market (oooh lala), cashola, g. cards, a new lounge chair, awesome canisters......and more! I was one blessed gal.....I'm so thankful for another great year and SO VERY VERY BLESSED!








1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had such a great weekend! (and that I got to be a part of it!)
    Happy Birthday!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete