Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy 16th Birthday to Jordan......


Well today's the big day, we head up to the Secretary of State's office so Jordan can get his driver's license today! He is 16 today! yikes.......Time flies when you're having fun? Where has the time gone? It's almost a blur to me yet I have so many great memories......
When I was 37 weeks pregnant with Jordan I had an appointment about an hour from home to try turning him from outside the belly because he was breech.....well that very unpleasant appointment put me into labor and I begged to be driven back home to deliver there......they allowed it and our insurance covered that ride since I had to go by ambulance. I remember being so scared knowing I was facing a C Section yet very peaceful and I was singing "There's a Sweet Sweet Spirit in this Place" and I'm sure the attendant could hear! Late late that night he was born and crying out for mama.......Mike was just a GEEK because he was so spaz, and nervous.....There's video of him talking to our parents just before Jordan was born and he is just a NUT....it makes me laugh especially the way our parents are looking at him.......Like smirking slightly.......He was a proud daddy and a bit woozy too during the surgery.....I did NOT enjoy having that surgery but the result was well worth it!
We stayed in the hospital a few days since it was a C Section and the day we were to go home I felt horrible......I had been on Morphine for pain and it made me very ill and I just wanted to get in the van and go straight home......it was a 25 minute drive or so and we are getting wheeled out and there's Mike standing by a BIT OLE WHITE LIMO........Now I know some of you are going "Awe.....how sweet" Well I just groaned and it was as bad as I thought........this little baby is next to us screaming his little head off, both sets of parents are ahead of us in their cars, the driver is talking to Mike on and on and asking if we need to stop to do something for the baby and I'm bugging my eyes out at Mike and he says "No getting home would be best!" haha we pull up and it takes me 15 mins. to walk 4 steps because of my own pain, Jordan is screaming, my mom is rifling through the diaper bag for the tiny little bottles, it's 90 degrees outside and we have no A/C at the house we're going to.........and I did NOT appreciate the Limo drive at all.....Poor Mike, but I didn't let on until years later......now it's so funny to remind him about that miserable ride! ha
Anyhow.......the bond I developed with Jordan was amazing.....he was the delight of my life and Mikes and his grandparents and all of our friends. We were the first in our group of friends, many single that had a child so we had many friends over that did baby duty...even diapers! ha
Today I thought about a time when Jordan was about 4 and Toy Story was his THING let me tell you...he walked about with his Woody Doll and Buzz everywhere.....we have him on video standing at a wall with a cowboy hat on singing "You've Got a Friend in Me........" unreal to me now and I could weep thinking about that......he had a speech problem then too and couldn't say his "s or z" properly it came out "eth" and "thee" love it!
Over the years he's gotten kicked out of Sunday School for hitting too much, read the most books in 3rd. grade, was President of National Honor society, accepted the Student leader of the year award, led a friend to Christ, and is a wonderful Godly young man full of character and integrity......His daddy has been a great model of treating people better than yourself!
Jordan I love you, and adore you, I already miss you because I know before I know it you're heading out into life to do great things.......Always walk with God and Do Hard Things!! I love you, I'm proud of you, I like you so much, and am proud you're such a great human being!!!

3 comments:

  1. You made me teary eyed!! You have a wonderful young man that is growing up so fast. I can't imagine Abbi driving??!! It is bittersweet to see them get to this point, sad that they are growing up so fast, but proud of their achievements and Godly pursuits. You and Mike should be very proud of how wonderful your children are!! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you on the trail very soon :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make a girl just about cry! How sweet! I seriously cannot believe you have a 16 year old. I know you think you're lucky to have such a great son (and of course you are) but he's awfully lucky to have a loving, kind and wonderful mom like you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so now I am blubbering!!!!
    I didn't know that story about the limo ride! Hilarious! and painful! You poor girl!
    You are an incredible mother and you are right, that Mike is a wonderful father and man of God!
    I love that Jordan! & I can remember him at story tales! Way TOO Cute!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete