Wednesday, May 19, 2010

21 years ago......

21Years ago today I married my precious wonderful sweet Mike.....We got married at 5:00 on a Friday night and the weather was just like today....gorgeous and sunny! We had 18 people in our wedding party.....and we had a blast! We had a wonderful wedding, better than I could have dreamed! Gone With the Wind was the style around that time and boy did we have that style! ha I wanted my dress to rival Cinderella's and I think I was close......you could not have gotten another ruffle on it! ha and the train oh the luscious long train......I loved it!
Our wedding colors were pink and light plum.....the guys wore dusty rose jackets and the best man wore a darker plum jacket...(the guys were not thrilled at these lovely colors, I don't know why! ha)
We had alot of fun.......Mike surprised me with a Horse and Carriage awaiting us to drive us about half a mile to our reception place! I just stood there staring at that carriage and laughed hysterically for five full minutes.......it was such a surprise and everyone had as much fun seeing my reaction as Mike arranging it! So Cinderella indeed......

The funniest part about our honeymoon (which then was NOT funny) was arriving in the Poconos for a lovely honeymoon package we purchased......Well we drove up to it and it was run down, and they gave us the key and on the way to the room (you drove around to it) the pools were empty and green.....the lawns long and the room.......IYIYI BUGS........That's all I can say......so Mike directed me to call my dad and see if he could arrange for us to head on to Florida the next day to Orlando and he was heading to the desk to CHECK US OUT! So......I call home and as soon as my dad answered I started SOBBING and could barely squeak out a word....so imagine my dad's reaction.....He doesn't know what's up and he is constantly saying "Where's Mike? Where's Mike?" (I'm not sure what he thought) ha so long story short.....we got a refund, spent the night in town and drove a million hours it seemed to Florida and had the time of our LIVES......Disney was so much fun!

Every year has gotten sweeter and sweeter (thankfully haha) and I can truly say Mike is my best bud.....We laugh and laugh, we've cried, we're raising these ungrateful kids together...that merits dinner out in itself, and he is truly a man of God......he lives to do anything for anyone.....His heart is on his sleeve for the taking and I'm one LUCKY and blessed chick!! Here's to 50 more years with that wonderful man .....(well maybe not 50....but who knows we could live to a ripe old age! ha)

3 comments:

  1. SMILING HUGE for this along with teary eyes and some bursts of laughing!
    Congratulations to the greatest friends!
    Dan & I LOVE you TWO!
    : )
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I realized I'm sitting here smiling like a goofball while reading it. You two are absolutely adorable together and such a shining example of what God intended marriage to look like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your wedding story. I'd always heard that the Poconos were THE Honeymoon spot. I'll bet all kinds of things were going through your dad's mind when you called crying. My dad is the type that would want to fix it for his "little" girl too.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete