Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentines and sickies....
















It's hard to believe Valentines Day is in less than a week! Not that we make a real big deal but Mike does usually get each of the kids a Chocolate Heart full of candy and I make a nice dinner. We do have a few Valentine's Day decorations and it seems to me in the past I've taken down the snowmen to make way for Valentines stuff but this year we have SOOO much snow it seemed appropriate to keep the snowman stuff up! Nice to have a reason to decorate!















I was in Hobby Lobby the other day (I love that store) and found this adorable frame for $2.38 ...it wasn't in the Valentines Day section but the clearance but I thought it would be so cute to put out for Valentines Day....I'm waiting for some new pictures from Christmas and Winter to be developed so I'll put a cute Winter picture in there I think when they are done! and I'm burning some tea lites called North Pole I got at Yankee candle on the cheap after Christmas...they smell sooo good....sort of like baking Vanilla cookies! mmmm















This is a little twig tree I have, I bought some fake twigs at Hobby Lobby of course, added some beaded twigs and a set of tiny lights called Rice Lights. The ends are the size of rice for craft projects and I had snowflakes hanging off but changed them out for hearts and left up my lighted snowman...I think he's liking the hearts hanging nearby! That's a candle in front of the snowman I received as a gift for Christmas from a friend. It's a Home Interior candle called Peppermint White Chocolate and it smells DIVINE....ya know sometimes lighting a flavorful candle wards off the cravings for baked goods or candy.....and sometimes causes you to CRAVE IT! haha










We've all had our turn being sickies the last few weeks....all accept Jordan!! here's hoping! First Mike had terrible bronchitis and then Macy had a cold and ear infection, Grace is just getting over a terrible sinus cold and cough and I think I did alot of lovin and snuggling with her and she was kind enough to share the germs......I felt the sore throat coming on yesterday...and then a sinus headache and then I laid down and fell asleep at 4:30 p.m. and woke up at 7:00 p.m. on the couch....took me a minute to register that it was DARK outside....I walked out to the kitchen to find supper dishes done (Luckily I had put Veg. beef soup in the crock pot), lunches being made and the girls doing their homework and a bowl of soup waiting for me! wow.....




I woke up today feeling like a crumb....terrible stuffy nose and my head felt like it might explode! The sore throat has eased off alot but this headache is long lingering......and it is causing pressure to my ear.....but it's not as bad as it could be...seems a bit more mild than some have had it....I'm taking Vit. C, Vit. D. and I drink an energy Vitamin drink with B's in it so hopefully that's helping....and I've fallen in love with this new tea...Lipton Green tea Super fruit! I love it and so does my whole family...I've been making a pot of it instead of a mug lately so we get more use out of the tea bag! haha
So......not much happening here other that alot of tv., tissues, reading and hot baths!! Not all bad...but I did feel like a fish out of water today laying around all day.....I did get the house tidy this morning and the dishwasher going and some laundry started and then once I hit my bed I was there for the day...lucky for me Mike worked home today on the books for work so he brought me scrambled eggs in bed!! (smile)
Stay well my friends.......keep warm and enjoy the coziness of Winter!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment