Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's snow fun....brother and sister!

We were still celebrating snow over the weekend...but it's warming up now..I could smell that smell reminding me of Spring the other day. My bird feeder was loaded and the sun was shining!! I like the snow, but I like the sunshine with it! What this meant for us is...perfect snowman making snow! Every year Grace says "We have a tradition of making a giant snowman!" and I guess she's right...we have done this for many yrs! I'll have to drag out photos of previous years snowmen!














It's a rare occasion Grace can talk Jordan into going out to play in the snow anymore now that he's older...but on this day she got him to go! She's been talking alot about when he leaves for college...must be on her mind as she sees us discussing college mail etc. She and Jordan had a ball (hahaha pun intended) and made a FANTASTIC snowman!! it was perfect rolling snow but heavy...Mike had to help them load the body pieces up...they went FOUR body pieces high this time!


Even Lucy got in on the fun...she LOVES to watch kids from the window and she whines and barks and they throw snow at the window because she winces when they do! silly dog! she's a hoot to watch when she's looking out the window! when some birds came along she was going nutso! I don't ever let her in this living room but she was whining so bad to look out! so I gave in!






Here they are commencing to roll....that bottom part is bigger than Grace! she was encouraging him to keep on rolling because the snow was so wet it was hard to roll it!! I could hear her inside "come on Jordan...get that baby rollin!"
Here was the end result...we have this cool Snowman kit with buttons for eyes and noses and coal and a scarf set and hat! They added this broom that I always question why we own it when I see it since it's such a sad and useless broom....guess not for this case!! It warmed up so much that late at night I saw the Snowman leaving and by morning.......HE WAS KAPLUNK ON THE GROUND!! but it was worth the fun of building it and watching it! All of our snow is melting away this week...getting warmer and warmer...I think that's the case in many areas!! Spring will be upon us before we know it!!




And this picture just makes me want to go "HMMM?" no doubt if Jordan is boxers or briefs....lol I'm told it's the style...I sympathize with my parents now...lol

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a snowman! We usually don't get enough snow to make one this big! My daughter read your blog today and told me about your son's style :-) Lol, it's the style around here too.

    When I'm driving around and see guys walking around with their pants so low, I want to yell out the window "Pull up your pants", but my kids say I'd embarrass them :-) We did see one guy lose his pants one day while walking down the street...he was a "boxer" too :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love this, Jeni!!! : )
    And Marcia's comment topped it off! ha!

    Sweet brother - sister moment for sure! Treasure it up!

    Love ya, Sista!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and Lydia was sitting across the room and said, "that is Mrs. W's blog, isn't it?!!!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete