Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas....and I LOVE it!











It's beginning to look alot like Christmas around here and I LOVE IT! it's my time of year....I LOVE to decorate and I love getting people special gifts! We have five trees in the house..yes I realize for "some" people that might be excessive or make you shake your head....but I tell ya, there's JOY in every room! haha This tree above is in our downstairs living room where we hang out almost all evenings together....our fireplace is down there and I hope my kids all have that memory of curling up listening to a crackling fire and watching Christmas movies!


Today we had a program at church called Camp Christmas. It's a time where you can drop your child off at church from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. They feed them lunch and they have blow ups to jump in and a couple from a nearby city comes to speak and put on a FUN FUN FUN program for the kids. Grace got to participate this year and Jordan and Macy were helpers. Mike and I had a great time taking our time shopping and had a great lunch out together. Since Jordan drives we didn't have to worry about getting back to get the girls so that was nice too! We are 90% done with our shopping I would say........wrapping? now that's another story!
This is our upstairs mantle, it's a bit dark but it's light blues and silver and white...this is the mantle we face when we're snuggled up on the couch reading Christmas stories or doing an advent activity. Last year during an advent activity we lit candles and sat in the dark with just the trees and mantle on and sang Silent Night...it made me so tearful and thankful for a family that spends time together!

This tree is across from the mantle above and next to the piano where I love to sit and listen to the kids practice their piano....Jordan is playing out of a Ronnie Freeman piano book right now and it's so beautiful to listen too.......



This is the girl's "pink" tree in their room.....They love to lay in bed at night with that on and they have the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack as their bedtime music...(don't be alarmed we do unplug it when they're asleep! ha) Jordan has a tree in his room as well.....but he couldn't plug it in for me to take a photo because his XBOX was plugged in at the time...ha Jordan isn't as enchanted to have a tree in his room as he used to be (*smile*) but I still made him clean his room well and put it up......I imagine before I know it, I'll be sending it with him to his college dorm when he visits for Thanksgiving (*gulp*) .......AND he'll remember all those years I made him put it up won't he?? hahaha
SO there ya go........a snippet of what's happening around here in the delights of night in our house! Maybe I'll do a post on all the SNOWMEN I've collected through the years, next!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.......I hope you're enjoying every minute of December and the great times it can bring!!

This little tree is called a pencil tree, and it stands......in our kitchen! "I know I know...."






2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, my Jeni! I love your house at Christmas time! : )

    Love,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees are all so pretty. My girls often put a little tree up in their room, and they have lights around their window. I'd love to find one of those pencil trees. I love that look.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete