Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer.......

We're loving the summer at our house for certain!! Starting with summer foods....you have to love pulling out the grill or tasting the fruits and veggies of the season!! Mmm raspberries and blueberries in my cereal in the morning, and salads with fresh veggies on top and one of my favorite summer sandwiches!
Cut a loaf of Whole Wheat baguette in half and then cut those in half as well, spread lightly with butter and toast under the broiler just until slightly browned on top. Slice fresh tomatoes and layer on top of toasted bread, place cut up pieces of fresh basil over the tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper, sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to broiler just until cheese is melted. Add a slice of fresh Avocado on top! MMM delish!! you can add a light drizzle of Italian dressing, Olive Oil or put mild banana peppers on top! (Macy and I have this weekly I think, she won't try the Avocado on hers though! ha)









We are thoroughly enjoying our pool......it's been so so SOOO hot this week especially! I love to lay out on the lounge chair and read and take a dip in between chapters! The kids love the pool and spend hours in there. This is a rare moment of no one splashing me, or saying "WATCH THIS!" or swimming underneath me.......haha I don't stay in long usually so they are right back at their games and diving!










And can I tell you about the Smores?? oh my the smores......I've had WAYYYY too many.....many many evenings out at the grill toasting up Marshmallows and squeezing their melty yummy goodness between graham crackers layered with CHOCOLATE SQUARES! OH MY..... and I know I've had too many because Sunday morning I was buttoning my pants.....well that's another story.....I've backed off for now and hiked up the exercising! I'm going to do a whole post on different ways to make a Smore to die for!! I found these Marshmallows that crack me up every time I see them.......so stay tuned!!










Our house is the party house in the summer which I love.......we have alot of Birthdays and we always host since we have "kid stuff" here for the cousins to enjoy and the pool is a fun way to have fun together! Yesterday we celebrated my nephew Jacob's 13th Birthday and July 4th all at once.......we had a blast and it was a HOT HOT HOT day and everyone enjoyed the pool!!

I hope you're all having a good summer so far.....Mike's on vacation this week so we're enjoying being lazy with him.....In the mornings we make special breakfast and the kids love it when he plays in the pool with them.......and of course we're late nighters so it's just all good!

Enjoy your summer everyone!!! I know I am!!





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a groovy summer by the pool :) Love, love, love the smores!! Keep enjoying my friend, Christmas is only 5.5 months away :)
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you do make me SMILE! I want to spend one of those lazy days by the pool with you! Plan on it! Cause I am crashing your poolside lounging time! & I want one of those yummy tomato toasted things! And smores too! Haha!
    Enjoy your vacation, Lucy! I will miss you! But I am so glad that you have this wonderful time with your family! May you make many wonderful memory moments together!
    Your friend,
    Ethel

    ReplyDelete