Monday, July 26, 2010

We love summer for some many reasons......

We're having the best summer! There are so many things fun about this summer......and some not so fun! Mike's Grandpa has has some tough times with his health this Spring and Summer and due to a fall, he had to spend time in a rehab center, some time in the hospital with some infections and back to the rehab center. The hopes were and ARE that he will be able to move into Senior apartments not far from our house.......but for now he moved to his son's and daughter in law's house .
Aunt Joann is a go getter and if anyone can get Grandpa on his feet and in good health again it's her! (smile) She's already lined up Dr's and rehab for him and we really all hope he will get back to some better quality of life soon! Joann is a superb gardener so I can already picture Grandpa out in a chair enjoying the yard! She's a good cook and I already heard he requested LIVER AND ONIONS...I think she said she made it for him today! (BLAK...shh don't tell her I said that!)
This photo was a cook out we had just last week a few days before Grandpa headed to his son's to stay. We had alot of great food, alot of fun, some tears but alot of laughs! Mike's brother and wife drove up to stay for a few days with their boys and that was nice for Grandpa and all of us!


Here's Grace hamming it up behind aunt Jill and Grandma Sharon (My mom).....as if they didn't know she was soooo cheesy! haha

The pool is a constant source of daily entertainment for us.....that pool has paid for itself over and over by now! I remember when Mike wanted to get a pool when we moved here 9 years and ago and I said no way, not until Grace was 5 and I could trust her a bit more and she had lessons. So poor Mike waited a long time and now we just love it!
It's been a great summer for the pool, nice hot temps......
If you can picture it, here's Jordan and the girls yelling to me "LOOK MOM!" and I glance up to catch someone doing a cannon ball or see a snorkel sticking out of the water......I'm usually in my favorite lounge chair, table aside of it with a cold water bottle, my favorite book on my lap and in my glory! Sunshine beaming down.....I'm what the kids call "a dipper!" ha I like to dip and sometimes float....wow I sound like an ice cream shop! I NEVER get my hair wet(I used to have alot of ear infections so putting my head under chlorinated water somehow makes me uneasy!) and the kids just love to try to beg me to do that......one day I plan to just go under and go for it right in front of them and shock them all.....haha



We laugh and laugh because Mike rarely is OUT of the pool but when he is it doesn't take long to find him in a chair head back, mouth open, soft snoring and sound asleep.......I do my best to keep the kids from bothering him or trying to "drip" on him.......I usually can for a while anyhow! Mike LOVES to be under water and in the pool......so of course he's deemed the "fun pool parent" ......but hey I can live with that!! haha



We're finding as Jordan gets older, he's working often or busy with his "social life" so when he does join in the pool fun the girls enjoy it.......he and Mike can get pretty wild in there and if the girls can pick a partner to get on their backs and ride around they do it! I'm savoring this summer especially with Jordan because I already imagine next summer he will have more hours that he will work, he is saving for a car that we said he could buy after his Jr. Year which is next summer......makes my throat tight thinking about it.........so FIDDLE DEE DEE as Scarlett would say I'll think about that tomorrow! For today IT'S SUMMER!!!





2 comments:

  1. Oh you are so fun! It is great that you are really enjoying your summer! And fiddle dee dee, from me too! I will think about some things later too!
    I look forward to hanging out on your porch at camp!
    Love ya!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family photos. It's so nice to spend the summer with our loved ones. My neighbor got a built in pool last summer. My kids are over there alot now. She says she loves having it too and feels like you do, that they have definitely gotten their money's worth.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete