Thursday, April 22, 2010

Seasons are changing......

Seasons are changing and so are the recipes! I love Spring and Summer foods and this is one we had a few weeks ago on a nice warm day! Chicken Salad
4 Boneless chicken breasts, poached (see below)
3/4 C. Mayo (more or less depending on how you like it!)
1 sm. can Crushed Pineapple, drained
1 ts. Mustard
Salt and pepper
Cashews or Peanuts (for garnish)

The greatest tip I ever heard was how to poach big batches of boneless chicken to have on hand. Place chicken breasts (my big pot holds 5-6 nicely) and just cover chicken with water. Bring to a boil and boil 10 minutes, turn heat off and cover for 2 hrs. Drain chicken and you will have the most moist chicken ready to shred or dice, and you can freeze it any way you'd like to have it ready!

Cool 4 boneless chicken breasts slightly and chop in bite sized pieces. Add mayo, mustard, salt and pepper to taste and pineapples and stir. Refrigerate for at least 2 hrs. Overnight is even better.

We ate this on buns, but I enjoy it on it's own as well. Sprinkle with peanuts or cashews and it's delicious served inside a wedge of Cantaloupe. As you can see here my cantaloupe was already cut up but it was still yummy side by side. Another thing you'll have to try is pepper on your Cantaloupe with this salad, it's so good!

ENJOY......we'll soon be enjoying the Farmers market! I can't wait! mmmm

1 comment:

  1. That looks SO good!
    I really appreciate your homemaking abilities! It is an encouragement to me as you know it isn't easy for me!
    Love ya!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete