Monday, April 12, 2010

Enjoying Nature!

We had a great week off last week for Spring break! We didn't go anywhere out of town but we sure did alot of fun things in town! We bought a YMCA membership for the week and Mike took the kids almost daily to the pool to swim and enjoy the slides etc. I enjoyed "me" time during those times! ha

To finish off our break we went to a Nature center on Sunday and it was a beautiful day! 68 and full sun! The Nature center is only 10 minutes or so from our house and sad to say.....we've never been there. The kids have for school and with my mom!

Last Spring they built this cool Tree house that was so fun to see and hang out in! We had a picnic lunch just outside the tree house and it was such a nice day for a picnic!

As we walked along the creek I was thinking how nice it would be to curl up with a book and sit on a bench and listen to that rushing water hitting the rocks! It was so peaceful!

Grace was adamant about bringing a notebook with her to "report" on all the things she saw. I wasn't really sure she would end up writing in it......but bless her heart she did and at lunch I was surprised when she read us SEVEN entries she already had written at the different stopping points. We had to laugh while we sat at the picnic sight and she wrote "PB & J tastes alot better outside at a tree house!" (it was true) She proudly toted that notebook to school today with a piece of a Lambs Ear plant she found on the ground, she was sure to remind us often not to disturb nature by picking anything! (I'm telling you...I'm going to remember all of this because I just know she's going to be a Vet or something "naturey!" ha Bless her heart again because her mamma is NOT the most "naturey" kind of gal...unless you count the back yard!)

When the tree house was in sight the girls took off running.......I said to Mike "go figure....this has been here all along and look how excited they are.....who needs Disney?" (OK maybe that's a stretch! ha)
So long.......only 2 more months of school left until we can feel this care free again!!



5 comments:

  1. I loved this, Jeni!
    I am so glad you all had such a nice week!
    I hope I get to see Grace's notebook! I am sure that Kristianne would love to see it too!
    Maybe someday, if Grace has a half day of school, we could all go together for a nature hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing you there, fellow nature lover!! It was such a beautiful day!! Shane was especially happy to see the train pass by, whoo hooo! Have a great day :) Shelley
    Oh, by the way, taco pasta is on the list for the menu this week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures and Grace is too darn cute! Where is that? Can't be too far from me either and I have no idea where it is.

    I'm with ya on wanting the school year to just hurry up and be over with already. I think it's way too long and summer vacation is way too short, drives me crazy. I'm counting down the days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought two things when I read your post. First, I thought that it didn't seem that long ago that you had snow, and now they were swimming, but our pools don't open until June, and then it crossed my mind, "indoor pool"! How silly of me not to think of that.
    The other thing was when I first saw the photos I thought they reminded me of Tom Sawyer Island in Disneyland, so you have your own version of Disney, right there :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the story of Grace bringing a notebook to write a report too. I don't think any of my kids would have thought of that on their own without a bit of pushing by me :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete