Friday, June 12, 2009

Wrapping gifts!




I was thinking last night about one of my favorite things to do.....wrap gifts in creative and fun ways! I happened to have several gifts to wrap yesterday so I thought why not post it? You probably all have your favorite tasks too! ha I LOVE the stores that have $1.00 items....I love the dollar store for cute containers etc. but now my FAVORITE store Target has a dollar section! I love to use unique containers or ideas to wrap and I love "pretty" I like the person to love the gift before they even open it......this doesn't always work because I ADORE gift bags for a quick wrap too! ha I got these little tin pails at Target and filled them with a variety of miniature chocolate bars, tissue paper patterned like a bandanna and gift cards for my girl's teacher's end year gifts! We are fortunate to have Christian teachers so we got them Christian bookstore gift cards.....The other gift is my favorite roll of silver wrapping paper I got for $1.00 after Christmas (a great time to shop for wrapping supplies because you can use some colors year round...like silver!) I love the Really Wooley greeting cards to because the envelopes are so darling and make the gift so cute(if you click on the photo with the silver gift you can see the envelope's details) and I seem to have ROLLS AND ROLLS of ribbon.....anytime someone gives me a gift with ribbon I always save it! The blue gift is a Barbie Pool and I used a Barbie outfit as a bow on top....Grace has the pool herself but she was envying the outfit! ha She's going to a B Day party tomorrow!
So I hope you have fun wrapping gifts too....it adds a special touch and the person getting the gift knows you LOVE THEM! I wish I could wrap gifts for a living! haha

2 comments:

  1. Now here is a skill I need to work on.

    At Anne Marie W.'s b-day party, I showed up with her gift shoved in an Aldi cloth bag - the really big one. It was a great gift, but the packaging was...um....severely LACKING in *prettiness*.....severely.

    Love the pics ~ I am inspired to do better!!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute ideas! It is fun to get gifts that are wrapped in a unique and fun way. You pretty much rock, Jeni!

    ReplyDelete