Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer desserts!


This was a great dessert we had a few weeks ago! I saw it on the front of a magazine and had to try it! of course I had to modify it too! haha
It was a toasted waffle (we made extra for breakfast that day but you could easily use frozen waffles and toast them, I thought Strawberry waffles would be so good!) Then cut up strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate syrup over top! yum! (For my friend Danielle I want you to know it was LIGHT Cool Whip! haha) The original recipe called for a scoop of ice cream in between TWO waffles and then the Whipped cream.....I couldn't do it! ha couldn't eat 2 waffles....but if you wanted an over the top dessert you could, but if wanted a lighter dessert this was delicious! There are many ways you could play with this, bananas, ice cream, blueberries.....you name it! but the waffle base is key here, it reminded me of a waffle cone! enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say you're torturing me here?! Brian and I just started Weight Watchers, so no yummy, delicious waffly dessert for me. I can live vicariously through you though, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete