Thursday, April 9, 2009





Tonight at our church we had a Maunday Thursday service. We all eat stew together as a family at tables and then the children broke off to go to their program and our family was either in the kids program or helped! Our children's minister did a Seder supper with the children, that was such a blessing! The Seder supper has several different components to it but mainly there are foods that represent the different things having to do with Passover and Easter such as Green beans that represent Spring and new growth, salt water to represent tears, horseradish that represented the hard work of the slaves. I was overwhelmed watching all these children ages 5-5th grade soaking up the story as our children's leader told about each item on their plates at their amazement and intrigue into what each thing represented. I was praying right then and there, Lord forgive me for not taking the time to really reflect on what this all meant and stood for and what it led up to, our Savior's death on a cross.

We also spent a night at a hotel last night with my parents, my brothers step daughters, his son and our kids and my mom read how after Jesus rose he appeared to different people. I was really impressed at the questions my nieces asked about sin and what it meant that God would come again, this is all new to them.

When Jesus rose from the dead he gave his disciples instruction to continue his work on earth and that was for us to do as well!!

My prayer for you all is that you will find a small time this weekend to spend in your own personal time or with your kids to think about what this season really means, not sadness but LIFE! and the work we are do be doing for Christ! There are so many cool ideas now for Easter, like those resurrection eggs or movies like Prince of Egypt that are ways to make it fun for kids to associate Christ's death and Easter.

I keep thinking of a song this week, so I put it on my blog Playlist, "I've Just Seen Jesus!" can you imagine what THAT must have been like? WOW!! Happy Easter to all my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Jeni - thought I would share this with you from Michelle Fiedler-Ernst:

    "Just wanted to share this with you. Last night Brendon came into our room (after being in bed for about an hour) and declared, "I'm ready to accept Jesus!" and we talked and he prayed...and I cried for joy. Chuck and I agree that what you are doing with our kids at CWMC is truly amazing and God's hands are all over it. Thank you for serving Him by serving our children!"

    Your family was a part of making that happen. PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni - so glad to have found your blog - because of Leanne's.
    I look forward to reading.

    Kelly Moses <><

    ReplyDelete