Monday, April 13, 2009

Banana Mallow Pie!


This was my Grandma's recipe and oh so yummy! I don't use the marshmallows in the recipe, I don't like the texture but you might!
Banana Mallow Pie
Crust: 2 C. shredded coconut
1/3 C. melted butter
Melt butter in skillet, add coconut to skillet and cook over low heat stirring frequently until coconut is toasty and browned. Press this mixture into a 9 inch pie plate up the sides to form pie crust. Chill.
1 pkg. Vanilla pudding mix
1 3/4 C. milk
1//2 C. heavy cream, whipped to directions (you could use 1 tub of Cool Whip)
1 1/2 C. mini marshmallows
2 bananas, sliced
Preparing pudding with the milk. Cover and chill until set (according to pkg.) Cool if using cooked pudding. When set and cooled fold in whipped cream (whip cream according to pkg.), add marshmallows. Slice bananas into the bottom of the crust and cover with filling. Refrigerate several hrs. before serving. Serve with more whipped cream and toasted coconut if you wish! The crust is what makes this pie so divine! I loved it when my G'ma made this! (this is a stock photo by the way, not my own pie, although I wish it were because that would mean I had a piece NOW!)

No comments:

Post a Comment