Monday, March 23, 2009

Laura Bush's Carrot muffins and cream cheese icing!


I got this fabulous recipe from my good friend Beth, I drool when she brings these somewhere so I had to try them myself! I drool over everything she makes actually! haha they were delicious!! She tops hers with gorgeous purple pansies sometimes!
Muffins
1 C. Flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
2 eggs, room temp.
1 t. vanilla
1 C. sugar
1 1/2 C. shredded carrot
1/2 C. chopped pecans
3/4 C. canola or sunflower oil (I used Veg.)
Preheat oven to 350*
Line muffins tin with foil liner, makes 12-18 muffins.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In mixing bowl place eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk together. Stir in flour mixture until combined, stir in carrots and pecans. Fill liners about 3/4 full. Bake 18-10 mins. Cool in pan 5 mins. and invert.
Icing:
1 block cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened (it's important to have it soft so it mixes well)
Beat until creamy then slowly add 4 C. powdered sugar and 1-2 t. vanilla.
I doubled the recipe for the cupcakes and had some icing leftover so I saved it in the fridge and made cinn. rolls the next week and used the icing! yum!
Ice muffins and store in refrigerator until serving! Top with a few pecans if you desire. I think I'll add 1/2 C. raisins for a twist next time too! enjoy!

1 comment: